Businesses face a host of challenges under the major federal and state environmental laws, including keeping up with regulatory changes, sorting through conflicting regulations, and managing time constraints to obtain permits needed for expansion.
Taft’s team of attorneys regularly counsel clients regarding the numerous environmental regulatory programs that affect their business. Whether investing in alternative products and technologies, implementing new operating or compliance strategies, or capitalizing on changing market conditions, our team has experience with the ever-changing nature of environmental laws and regulations.
With resolve, creativity, and sharp focus, we assist clients in finding innovative solutions, setting new precedents, and shaping long-range strategies. Decades of experience in the industry has allowed us to develop relationships at state and federal agencies that often help streamline our clients’ processes.
Taft’s environmental attorneys have experience in a multitude of topics, including but not limited to:
- Compliance counseling.
- Solid and hazardous waste regulations.
- Water and wetland regulations.
- Clean air act regulations.
- Environmental Compliance Audits.
- Electric utilities.
- Serve as national environmental counsel to the second largest distributor of agricultural chemicals on all environmental matters at its 460 distribution, storage and formulation locations in the U.S.: compliance, labeling, FIFRA data compensation, negotiation of supply contracts, pesticide formulation contracts, administrative and court defense of pesticide, fertilizer and general chemical handling enforcement and private party claims.
- Represent the world’s largest tire and rubber company on specialty environmental compliance and cost-sharing issues associated with contaminated sites.
- Represent one of the largest industrial laundering companies in connection with wastewater and air emission compliance, legacy site contamination and formulating compliance scenarios for new products and services.
- Represent the largest chemical distribution company in the world with respect to regulatory compliance (primarily Clean Air, Clean Water, Process Safety Management, Risk Management Planning, FIFRA compliance) and with regard to legacy site contamination issues.
- Represented an RV manufacturer with environmental compliance work, including issues arising out of real property transactions as well as permitting issues.
- Represented a large utility with respect to a variety of issues concerning power plants, including NSR, PSD and Title V permit issues.
- Represented various municipalities in relation to environmental compliance, CERCLA liability and property acquisition.
- Represented numerous treatment, storage and disposal facilities (Part B permitted) and advised numerous clients regarding the generator and transporter regulations, including the issues surrounding their adoption by states with authorized RCRA programs.
- Represented a biodiesel-fuel producer in the acquisition and redevelopment of a contaminated property, including addressing environmental liabilities, negotiating an economic-incentive package from the city and county, managing the regulatory and permitting requirements and overseeing financing for the redevelopment of the property.
- Provides environmental regulatory compliance services for an international manufacturer of diesel and alternative fuel engines.