Businesses face a host of challenges under the major federal and state environmental laws, including keeping up with regulatory changes, sorting through conflicting regulations and managing time constraints to obtain permits needed for expansion.
Taft’s team of attorneys regularly counsel clients regarding the numerous environmental regulatory programs that affect their business. Whether investing in alternative products and technologies, implementing new operating or compliance strategies, or capitalizing on changing market conditions, our team has experience with the ever-changing nature of environmental laws and regulations.
With resolve, creativity, and sharp focus, we assist clients in finding innovative solutions, setting new precedents, and shaping long-range strategies. Decades of experience in the industry has allowed us to develop relationships at state and federal agencies that often help streamline our clients’ processes.
Taft’s environmental attorneys have experience in a multitude of topics, including but not limited to:
- Compliance counseling.
- Solid and hazardous waste regulations.
- Water and wetland regulations.
- Clean air act regulations.
- Environmental Compliance Audits.
- Electric utilities.
We have earned repeated recognition by peers and legal publications for our strong technical skills and our continued dedication to superior client service. Some of these honors include:
- Five attorneys have been recognized as “Leaders in their Field;” and Environmental practice group ranked in Chambers USA –Leading Business Lawyers.
- National Tier 1 ranking in S. News - Best Law Firms in Environmental Law and Tier 1 ranking in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Indianapolis.
- Ten environmental lawyers are listed in Woodward-White’s 2018 Best Lawyers in America.
- Two attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for Environmental Law – Cincinnati and Litigation - Environmental - Indianapolis.
- One has been named to the Guide to the World’s Leading Environmental Lawyers.
- Two have been named to the International Who’s Who of Environmental Lawyers.
- Two have been named Ohio Super Lawyers by Law & Politics magazine.
- Six have been named Indiana Super Lawyers.
- Three were named “Rising Stars” in Indiana and Ohio by Super Lawyers.
- One is a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
- Frank Deveau - 2015 Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year” for Indianapolis by Best Lawyers and is top ranked in Chambers USA 2017 for environmental law.
- Kim Burke - 2015 Environmental Lawyer of the Year” for the Cincinnati region by Best Lawyers and is top ranked in Chambers USA 2017 for natural resources and environmental law.