Taft’s Environmental group provides nationally recognized litigation, counseling, and dispute resolution services for our clients’ related to local, state, regional, and federal environmental laws. Our attorneys have handled environmental cases in federal and state courts nationwide. Taft is skilled at prosecuting and defending complex cases involving environmental litigation involving the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), similar state statutes, class actions, and common law claims.
Our relationships are longstanding, enabling us to anticipate our clients’ needs and to adroitly manage and resolve environmental matters when they arise. We draw upon our compliance and regulatory experience to provide sound business advice and preventative counseling.
Taft’s environmental attorneys have significant experience in a wide variety of matters including:
- Superfund defense and negotiation.
- Enforcement defense.
- Cost-recovery for plaintiffs and defendants.
- Criminal environmental defense.
- Environmental insurance.
- Toxic tort litigation.
- Mold and sick building litigation.
- Lawsuits involving environmental issues related to real property transfers or mergers and acquisitions.
- Defense of occupational exposure claims.
- Defending and/or prosecuting class actions.