Businesses interact with copyrighted material every day, sometimes without appreciating the importance of compliance with the U.S. Copyright Act. Copyrights relate to protection in creative works such as books, paintings, photography, films, videos, music, computer software and architectural works. A registered copyright provides the owner with the right to reproduce, copy, distribute, adapt, perform or display that material, as well as to prevent others from using it in those ways.
Taft’s experienced lawyers can help businesses navigate the complexities of copyright compliance, licensing and enforcement:
- Website content protection.
- Software code.
- Music licensing and royalty evaluation.
- Architectural design protection and enforcement.
- Litigation over unauthorized uses of copyrights.
- Internet policing, including Digital Millennium Copyright Act compliance and take-downs.
- License agreements.