An aggressive and efficient litigation attorney, Tracy routinely represents companies and individuals in a host of crises and needs. Her primary area of focus is commercial litigation, where she provides strategic and timely advice regarding contract disputes, creditors’ rights and collections, intellectual property, trade secret management, non-compete and securities issues.
Tracy has extensive first chair experience and regularly represents clients in both state and federal courts. A respected commercial litigator, Tracy has acted as counsel for prominent corporations and manufacturers. Her work includes pre-litigation preparation and advice, obtaining and defending against preliminary injunctions, and all aspects of trial.
Tracy is also an experienced attorney in construction claims, product liability, personal injury, criminal defense, and fiduciary and probate litigation.
Tracy currently co-chairs the firm’s Gender Advancement Committee and serves in a leadership role for numerous local organizations, including Women4Change Indiana, Indiana Diversity Council, Girl Scouts of Central Indiana and Child Advocates of Marion County. She is passionate about giving back to the community and using her position to help shape the future of the legal profession and the development of women in legal and business careers through oral advocacy and speaking engagements.
Tracy completed her undergraduate and J.D. degrees at Indiana University.
Recognized as one of Indianapolis Business Journal's Forty Under 40 Award Recipients for 2018.
Indianapolis Bar Association's 2018 Women in Law Division Mentor Award Recipient
Honoree, Litigation, Trusts & Estates – Best Lawyers in America® (2018)
Honoree, General Litigation – Indiana Super Lawyers (2015-2017)
Rising Star – Indiana Super Lawyers (2010-2012, 2014)
Distinguished Fellow – Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Winner, Indy’s Best and Brightest (2014)
Finalist, Indy’s Best and Brightest (2013)
Up and Coming Lawyers 2008, The Indiana Lawyer
Indiana “Future Star” in Litigation 2008, Benchmark Litigation
Taft Legacy Award Winner (2018)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2004)
- Indiana University - Bloomington (2000)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- Acted as national litigation counsel for one of the nation's leading floorplan secured financiers managing all aspects of litigation strategy, including complex commercial defense litigation.
- Represented non-profit hospital in obtaining a preliminary injunction against national insurance company to prevent insurance company from terminating its hospital contract which would have resulted in multi-million dollar losses to the hospital.
- Represented prominent motorsports racing equipment manufacturer in obtaining a preliminary injunction preventing national sanctioning body from arbitrarily decertifying all products manufactured by company, which would have effectively put the manufacturer out of business.
- Obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s multi-million dollar claims against company for breach of contract of aircraft purchase agreement where plaintiff consistently disrupted the discovery process and repeatedly refused to answer questions in deposition.
- Acted as litigation counsel in a variety of right to publicity cases involving personalities such as Marilyn Monroe, Rosa Parks, and John Dillinger.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar RICO complaint brought by automobile dealer against large automobile financing company.
Product Liability and Personal Injury
- Represented a leading manufacturer of minimally invasive surgical technologies focused on breast biopsy and tissue removal.
- Successfully briefed and orally argued case where Court of Appeals held that a utility company’s tariff did not make it immune from its own negligent acts when causing several gas leaks in a business. Longarder v. Citizens Gas & Coke Utility, 856 N.E.3d 796 (Ind. Ct. App. 2006).
- Represented multiple plaintiffs in large toxic tort case related to contaminated drinking water.
Fiduciary and Probate Litigation
- Acted as litigation counsel for the Rosa Parks Institute in a high-profile will contest in Detroit over the estate of civil rights icon Rosa Parks
- Represented widow in litigation against her late husband's personal representatives to invalidate a prenuptial agreement that excluded her from sharing in a multi-million dollar estate resulting in a favoring ruling in the Court of Appeals.
- Represented guardian in obtaining temporary restraining order against caretaker who had obtained power of attorney in his favor from an incapacitated person after which over $1 million in assets went missing in a short period of time.
- Represented successor trustee in action to recover funds improperly removed from trust and improperly transferred to third party in violation of both trust agreement and prenuptial agreement.
- Represented clients in forfeiture action, resulting in the return of all funds improperly seized by government.
- Represented client in complex, multi-defendant federal criminal investigation for alleged securities fraud.
- Indiana State Bar Association Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Counsel to Board of Directors; Visibility Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow
- Indiana Diversity Council Advisory Board Member
- Women4Change Indiana Steering Committee Member
- Child Advocates of Marion County Board Member
- Women4Change Leadership Series, Inc. Board Member
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana Scout Leader
- Planned Parenthood of Indiana Young Leaders Board Member
- American Lung Association of Indiana Lung Walk Committee, 2010
- Heather Welch for Judge Campaign Treasurer, 2011-2017
- Marion County Democratic Judges' Re-Election Campaign
- Terry Curry for Marion County Prosecutor Finance and Fundraising Committee, 2009-2012
- Marion County Democratic Vice Precinct Committee Person WAS-31, 2010-2015
- Indianapolis Bar Association Counsel to Board of Directors; Visibility Committee; Bar Leaders Series VIII (Graduate); Executive Committee, Young Lawyers Division
- Marion County Democratic Judges' Re-Election Campaign
- Protective Order Pro Bono Project Volunteer