An aggressive and efficient litigation attorney, Tracy routinely represents companies and individuals in a host of crises and needs. Her primary area of focus is commercial litigation, where she provides strategic and timely advice regarding contract disputes, creditors’ rights and collections, intellectual property, trade secret management, non-compete and securities issues.
Tracy has extensive first chair experience and regularly represents clients in both state and federal courts. A respected commercial litigator, Tracy has acted as counsel for prominent corporations and manufacturers. Her work includes pre-litigation preparation and advice, obtaining and defending against preliminary injunctions, and all aspects of trial.
Tracy is also an experienced attorney in construction claims, product liability, personal injury, criminal defense, and fiduciary and probate litigation.
Tracy currently co-chairs the firm’s Gender Advancement Committee and serves in a leadership role for numerous local organizations, including Integrating Women Leaders Foundation, Indiana Diversity Council, Girl Scouts of Central Indiana and Child Advocates of Marion County. She is passionate about giving back to the community and using her position to help shape the future of the legal profession and the development of women in legal and business careers through oral advocacy and speaking engagements.
Tracy completed her undergraduate and J.D. degrees at Indiana University.
Forty Under 40 Award Honoree, Indianapolis Business Journal (2018)
Women in Law Division Mentor Award Honoree, Indianapolis Bar Association (2018)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America® (2018 – present)
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers, General Litigation (2015 - 2020)
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2010 - 2012, 2014)
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Honoree, Indy’s Best and Brightest (2014)
Finalist, Indy’s Best and Brightest (2013)
Up and Coming Lawyers Honoree, The Indiana Lawyer (2008)
Indiana “Future Star” Honoree, Benchmark Litigation, Litigation (2008)
Legacy Award Honoree, Taft (2018)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2004)
- Indiana University - Bloomington (2000)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- Acted as national litigation counsel for one of the nation's leading floorplan secured financiers managing all aspects of litigation strategy, including complex commercial defense litigation.
- Represented non-profit hospital in obtaining a preliminary injunction against national insurance company to prevent insurance company from terminating its hospital contract which would have resulted in multi-million dollar losses to the hospital.
- Represented prominent motorsports racing equipment manufacturer in obtaining a preliminary injunction preventing national sanctioning body from arbitrarily decertifying all products manufactured by company, which would have effectively put the manufacturer out of business.
- Obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s multi-million dollar claims against company for breach of contract of aircraft purchase agreement where plaintiff consistently disrupted the discovery process and repeatedly refused to answer questions in deposition.
- Acted as litigation counsel in a variety of right to publicity cases involving personalities such as Marilyn Monroe, Rosa Parks, and John Dillinger.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar RICO complaint brought by automobile dealer against large automobile financing company.
Product Liability and Personal Injury
- Represented a leading manufacturer of minimally invasive surgical technologies focused on breast biopsy and tissue removal.
- Successfully briefed and orally argued case where Court of Appeals held that a utility company’s tariff did not make it immune from its own negligent acts when causing several gas leaks in a business. Longarder v. Citizens Gas & Coke Utility, 856 N.E.3d 796 (Ind. Ct. App. 2006).
- Represented multiple plaintiffs in large toxic tort case related to contaminated drinking water.
Fiduciary and Probate Litigation
- Acted as litigation counsel for the Rosa Parks Institute in a high-profile will contest in Detroit over the estate of civil rights icon Rosa Parks
- Represented widow in litigation against her late husband's personal representatives to invalidate a prenuptial agreement that excluded her from sharing in a multi-million dollar estate resulting in a favoring ruling in the Court of Appeals.
- Represented guardian in obtaining temporary restraining order against caretaker who had obtained power of attorney in his favor from an incapacitated person after which over $1 million in assets went missing in a short period of time.
- Represented successor trustee in action to recover funds improperly removed from trust and improperly transferred to third party in violation of both trust agreement and prenuptial agreement.
- Represented clients in forfeiture action, resulting in the return of all funds improperly seized by government.
- Represented client in complex, multi-defendant federal criminal investigation for alleged securities fraud.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Graduate, Bar Leaders Series VIII
Past Counsel, Board of Directors
Past Member, Visibility Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indiana Diversity Council
Member, Advisory Board
- Indiana Supreme Court Commercial Courts Committee
- Marion County Public Defender Agency
- Child Advocates of Marion County
Board Member (2014-present)
- Integrating Women Leaders Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- Women4Change Indiana
Past Member, Steering Committee
- Women4Change Leadership Series, Inc.
Past Board Member
- Planned Parenthood of Indiana Young Leaders
Past Board Member
- Heather Welch for Judge Campaign
Past Treasurer (2011 - 2017)
- Marion County Democratic Judges' Re-Election Campaign
Past Coordinator (2007 - 2008, 2011 - 2012)
- Terry Curry for Marion County Prosecutor
Past Member, Finance and Fundraising Committee (2009 - 2012)
- Marion County Democratic Precinct Committee Person