Michael has significant litigation experience in cases involving the misappropriation of trade secrets and violations of non-compete/non-solicitation agreements. He also has experience litigating construction contract disputes and construction defect claims. Michael’s practice also includes insurance coverage litigation, representing both insurers and insureds, and the defense of bad faith claims against insurance carriers, as well as premises and products liability personal injury matters in a variety of commercial and industrial settings.
Michael received his B.A., cum laude, in communications and theatre arts from Marquette University, and a Master of Science in sports administration from Valparaiso University. He received a J.D., magna cum laude, from Valparaiso University School of Law, where he was associate editor of the Valparaiso University Law Review and a member of the Law School’s Sports Law Clinic, providing legal representation to amateur athletes on anti-doping, eligibility, and amateur status matters.
Michael has been accepted into ArtsWave's BOARDway Bound program, which prepares business professionals for board service with arts organizations. He has also been elected to the Board of Directors of the Know Theatre of Cincinnati.
All Service Areas
- Valparaiso University School of Law (2009)
- Marquette University (2002)
- State - Indiana
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
Speeches and Publications
- Michael L. Meyer, By Word or by Deed: An Analysis of A Construction Manager’s Contractual and Assumed Duties to Workers Following Hunt Construction Group, Inc. v. Garrett, INDIANA CIVIL LITIGATION REVIEW, Vol. X, 31 (2013).
- Michael L. Meyer, If Nobody Picks Up the Ball, is it Really a Fumble, or is it a Forfeit? The NFL Players Association Request for Legislative Changes to the Labor-Management Relations Act of 1947, 43 VAL. U. L. REV. 1375 (2009).
- Research Assistant – Michael Straubel, The International Convention Against Doping in Sport: Is it the Missing Link to USADA Being a State Actor and WADC Coverage of U.S. Pro Athletes?, 19 MARQ. SPORTS L.J. 63 (2008).
- Michael K. McCuddy & Michael L. Meyer, Cross-Subsidization in Professional Sports: A Socialistic Omen for Needed Change, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH, Vol. VII, Number 4 at 136 (2007).
- Cincinnati Bar Association Member
- ArtsWave BOARDway Bound Program
- Know Theatre of Cincinnati
Board of Directors