Jennifer is the Partner-in-Charge of the Dayton office. She represents employers in a broad range of employment and workers’ compensation matters, and she leads the Workers’ Compensation practice in Dayton. Her experience includes:
- Representing employers in accommodation, discrimination, retaliation, workers' compensation and wrongful discharge matters.
- Representing employers in manual classification and self-insured audits.
- Assisting employers with applications for self-insurance.
- Counseling employers on drug testing and drug free workplace programs.
- Advising companies on medical and recreational marijuana laws.
- Responding to charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC).
- Conducting compliance and safety training.
Jennifer served on a Senate task force that was convened in 2009 to study privatization of the Ohio Workers’ Compensation System.
In addition, Jennifer serves as outside general counsel to closely held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. An experienced litigator, Jennifer has successfully defended numerous cases before juries and to the bench. She regularly appears before administrative agencies, the Courts of Common Pleas, Ohio Appellate Courts and the Ohio Supreme Court.
Jennifer is the current president of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce and a member of the board of trustees and executive committee. She is a member of the steering committee of the Dayton Area Logistics Association and serves as its general counsel. Jennifer also serves on the board of trustees for The Dayton Art Institute and is past president of the Cox Arboretum Foundation board of trustees.
Jennifer received her undergraduate degree from West Chester University and her J.D. from The Dickinson School of Law.
Honoree, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management (2021)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America®, Workers’ Compensation Law- Employers (2018-present), Litigation-Labor and Employment (2018-present), Employment Law-Management (2018-present)
Volunteer of the Year Honoree, Dayton Chamber of Commerce (2017)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers, Workers’ Compensation (2010 - 2017, 2019)
Top 50 Women Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers (2015)
Top 50 Honoree, Cincinnati Super Lawyers (2015)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2005)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law, Management, Litigation, Labor & Employment, & Workers' Compensation Law (2019-present)
All Service Areas
- Dickinson School of Law (1995)
- West Chester University (1992)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Led an investigation of allegations of clergy misconduct for a large religious institution.
- Defense jury verdict for a food manufacturer in a retaliatory discharge claim.
- Numerous defense verdicts in a workers’ compensation right to participate and extent of disability claims for companies in manufacturing, logistics and healthcare industries.
- Dayton Bar Association
Past Member, Board of Trustees
Former Chair, Certified Grievances Committee
- Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
Member, Board of Trustees
Member, Executive Committee
- Dayton Area Logistics Association
Member, Steering Committee
- Dayton Art Institute
Member, Board of Trustees
- Cox Arboretum Foundation
Past President, Board of Trustees