Jeff practices in the areas of health care, construction and labor and employment law. He has spent more than 25 years building a successful practice by providing private and public organizations with creative, practical and pro-active advice on how to run a successful operation while complying with a myriad of complex legal requirements.
He has substantial experience in counseling, advising and defending organizations on issues concerning the Affordable Care Act, the FLSA, Ohio and federal prevailing wage laws (including the Service Contract Act, the Davis Bacon Act and the Walsh Healy Act), the NLRA (including union organizing campaigns, collective bargaining and unfair labor practice charges); the ADA and other anti-discrimination laws, sexual harassment, OSHA and workplace violence and bullying.
Jeff regularly assists clients in the development of personnel policies, affirmative action plans, and all types of employment agreements--including non-competes. He also provides managerial and supervisory training for clients on all aspects of day-to-day human resource issues.
Jeff is a member of the Dayton and Ohio Bar Associations, American Health Lawyers Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, the Miami Valley Human Resource Association and the Society for Human Resource Management. He serves on the boards of the Kettering Medical Center Foundation, Downtown Dayton Partnership, Better Business Bureau of the Miami Valley, Calvary Cemetery and Good Neighbor House. Jeff is also a member of the University of Dayton School of Law Advisory Council and serves as a general counsel for the Ohio Valley Construction Education Foundation. Jeff was named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers 2018 for Labor Law - Management.
Jeff received his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Dayton and his law degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Dayton School of Law where he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Dayton Law Review.
All Service Areas
- University of Dayton School of Law (1990)
- University of Dayton (1986)
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) (Awarded)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (Member)
- Dayton Bar Association Foundation (Fellow)
- Dayton Bar Association (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Foundation (Fellow 2015)
- Miami Valley Human Resource Association (Member)
- Good Neighbor House (Board)
- Better Business Bureau - Dayton & Miami Valley (Board Chair)
- Calvary Cemetery (Board)
- Downtown Dayton Partnership (Board Member)
- Kettering Medical Center Foundation (Board Member 8)
- St. Vincent de Paul (Board Member)