Intellectual Property Licensing
Taft’s technology and intellectual property attorneys offer the highest standard of legal and technical skills to ensure that IP assets are both protected and leveraged, strengthening our client’s competitive advantages, business goals and global IP portfolios.
Expert in negotiating the most complex transactions, covering cutting-edge technologies to highly-creative artistic works, Taft attorneys provide essential technical, product and competitive insight and strategies to secure optimal results for our clients.
From managing audits and monitoring competitors to procuring initial rights, our team covers every stage of the commercialization process and serves clients on the full spectrum of licensing transactions, including:
- Product development licenses, partnership, JV, and strategic alliances.
- Licenses back (post acquisition).
- Technology transfers.
- Cross licensing in response to infringement claims.
- Restrictive licenses.
Some of the industries that Taft supports include:
- Data and analytics.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Telecommunications and multimedia.
- Block chain / FinTech.
- Communications satellite.
- Information technology.
- Sports and entertainment.
- Financial services.