Hospitals and Health Systems
Hospitals and Health Systems
The hospitals and health systems industry has changed drastically over the last 10 years in response to economic, regulatory and consumer demands. Businesses in the industry face a host of challenges, including the transition from fee-for-service to value-based and population health; recording, collecting, tracking and reporting on health care quality and utilization data; and physician engagement and clinical practice transformation.
Taft attorneys have experience working both for physicians and medical practices, as well as for hospitals and health systems. Therefore, we understand the issues confronting both sides, enabling our attorneys to keep the big picture in mind when advising our hospital clients with respect to their interactions with physicians. In addition, our attorneys who work with clients in the Health Care and Life Sciences industry practice in numerous different disciplines that mirror the varied legal needs of hospitals and health systems.
We provide the following services to our clients in the hospitals and health systems industry:
- Assistance in the formation and development of clinically integrated networks and accountable care organizations.
- Representation in connection with mergers, acquisitions, sales, consolidations and joint ventures.
- Physician employment/compensation guidance.
- Drafting and advice with respect to medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and credentialing issues, including peer review.
- Assistance structuring EMR donation programs.
- Assistance structuring clinical co-management arrangements.
- Drafting call coverage agreements.
- Assistance structuring hospital-based physician contracts.
- Negotiating and advice with respect to hospital purchasing contracts.
- Negotiating and assistance with clinical trial/study contracts.
- Assistance with managed care contracting, including Medicare Part D, Medicaid MCO and PBM contracting, as well as pay-for-performance and shared savings programs.
- Risk management/crisis management.
- Facility financing/leasing.
- Medical staff and peer review matters.
- Tax-exempt issues.
- General corporate advice.
Taft Indianapolis Welcomes Three Attorneys
Taft Successfully Defends Northwest Community Hospital in Trial Regarding Termination of Surgeon's Medical Staff Privileges
Update on CMS Vaccine Mandate Monitoring and Enforcement
Supreme Court Lifts Stay on CMS Vaccine Mandate in 24 of the 25 States Where the Mandate Had Been Enjoined
CMS Releases Federal Rule Regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations for Health Care Providers and Suppliers
CMS Emergency Regulation: Hospitals and Other Medicare and Medicaid Facilities Must Require Workers to Obtain COVID-19 Vaccination
All Hospitals and Health Systems Professionals
- David M. Abromowitz
- Gregory W. Bee
Industry Chair / Partner
- Jennifer D. Brumby
- Jayna M. Cacioppo
- Sara M. Cooperrider
- Robert B. Craig
- Jennifer Hann Harrison
- Graham Y. Hill
- Staci M. Jenkins
- Sonya Jindal Tork
- Debbie Kirschman
- Kristen Gentry Klos
- Adam M. Law
- Sarah Clay Leyshock
- Barry Maram
- Mark A. McAndrew
- David R. Melloh
PRACTICE GROUP CO-CHAIR / Partner
- Timothy P. Nagy
- Megan M. Okun
- Timothy G. Pepper
- Neal R. Roach
- Gregory Parker Rogers
- Sue A. Roudebush
- Russell S. Sayre
- John H. Sharpe
- Allison Smith Newsome
- Cary M. Snyder
- Mark J. Stepaniak
- Jeremy Stonehill
- Isaac M. Willett
- Timothy L. Zix
Practice Group Chair / Partner