Staci is a partner in Taft's Immigration and Citizenship practice. She focuses on employment-based immigration with an emphasis on advising large global companies and employers in the health care arena, including pharmaceutical companies, medical device entities, medical research organizations, healthcare systems, and physician groups.
Staci counsels clients in all aspects of immigration, including:
- Providing guidance to employers on strategies for sponsoring employees for immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Counseling employers on how immigration sponsorship can enhance their retention and recruitment efforts.
- Helping health care practices sponsor physicians for J-1 visa waivers.
- Obtaining H-1B, PERM, and EB-2 approvals for physicians.
- Assisting extraordinary physicians in obtaining O-1 status.
- Counseling employers on I-9 compliance by developing policies, providing training, and conducting on-site or remote audits.
- Counseling employers on use of E-Verify.
- Developing immigration-related policies, such as setting employer/employee financial obligations for various stages of immigrant and non-immigrant sponsorship.
- Conducting due diligence to identify immigration issues within corporate transactions.
Prior to joining Taft, Staci was a partner at a national firm practicing immigration law. She is consistently recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, and Ohio Super Lawyers for her practice. Active in her profession, Staci routinely leads presentations and authors publications on trends in immigration law.
Staci earned her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law and received her B.A. from Hanover College.
Honoree, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Immigration
(2021 - present)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Immigration Law
(2021 - present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars
(2018 - 2020)
Rising Star, YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement
All Service Areas
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (2005)
University of Cincinnati Law Review
- Hanover College (2002)
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- Presenter, “Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses of H-1B Nonimmigrants seeking Employment-Based Lawful Permanent Residence,” American Immigration Lawyers Association (July 2015)
- Co-author, "Managing H-1B Employees In A Down Economy," Employment Law360 website (Dec. 2009)
- Author, "Though Well-Intentioned, GINA Needs To Be Clarified," Employment Law360 (May 2008)
- Co-author, "Is Your Client Using Illegal Immigrant Workers?", Inside, publication of the Corporate Counsel Section of the New York State Bar Association (2007)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Secretary, Immigration Committee, 2011 - 2015
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2010 - 2014
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2010 - 2012
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Executive Board, 2008 - 2013
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Nominating Committee, 2008 - 2009 and 2012 - 2013
- Healthcare Businesswomen's Association
- Midwest Regional Council Deputy Chair, 2021-Present
- Ohio Chapter President, 2015
- Hoxworth Blood Center
- Community Advisory Board, 2014 - 2019
- WE Lead
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s Development Program for Women, Class 9
- Annual Campaign, Funds Development Committee, 2013
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s Leadership Development Program for Young Professionals, Class of 2010
- Run For Kids
- Co-Chair, 9th and 10th Annual 5k Run For Kids