Shawna is an attorney in Taft’s Labor and Employment practice group. She counsels clients on all areas of labor and employment law, including employee hiring and termination, employment agreements, personnel policies, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour issues, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and workers’ compensation.
While in law school, Shawna served as vice president of the Student Bar Association and as a research assistant for the American Business Law Journal.
Shawna received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Dayton School of Law where she was a Dean's Fellow, a teaching assistant and business editor of the Law Review. She has a B.A. in psychology from Wright State University.
- University of Dayton School of Law (2018)
- Wright State University (2015)
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Dayton Bar Association
Leadership Class of 2019-2020
- Federal Bar Association
- Dayton Federal Bar Association
Young Lawyers Division Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Miami Valley
Associate Board Member
- For Love of Children
Board Member, Dayton Chapter
- Generation Dayton