With extensive experience in the higher education, hospital, restaurant and staffing industries, Sarah represents employers in all types of matters involving state and federal employment laws.
She has significant knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, ADA and Title VII compliance and litigation. She conducts employee workplace investigations; provides personnel, compliance and risk management advice; drafts employment policies and legal documents; litigates (typically defends) on behalf of the employer; and regularly resolves charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights.
Throughout the representation, Sarah ensures that clients feel engaged and informed and she is committed to resolving legal issues with her clients’ goals, values and priorities in mind.
Sarah is admitted to practice law in all state courts in Ohio and Kentucky, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Sarah donates her time outside of Taft to working with Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor, a Cincinnati-based organization that provides pro bono legal services for low income individuals. She also offers pro bono services for non-profit corporations through the Pro Bono Partnership of Greater Cincinnati and has served as a volunteer and board member for the Welcome House of Northern Kentucky.
Sarah received her B.A. in communication arts and psychology, magna cum laude, from Georgetown College and earned her J.D. from Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, where she competed on two award-winning trial advocacy teams.
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2014-2017)
All Service Areas
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law - Northern Kentucky University (2006)
- Georgetown College (2002)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Eastern District of Kentucky
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Kentucky
- State - Ohio
- Advises small, new and family businesses on employment law compliance, personnel issues and employee policies, procedures and legal documents.
- Represents restaurants in FLSA and Ohio wage and hour lawsuits involving tipped and non-tipped employees (tipping, tip pools, service charges and overtime issues).
- Advises internal investigators or conducts investigations of harassment, retaliation or other workplace misconduct allegations.
- Represents clients in matters involving trade secret/non-competition litigation.
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Member, Labor and Employment Section)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Member)
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) (Class 18, 2013)
- Welcome House of Northern Kentucky (Former Board Member, Volunteer)
- WE Lead (Class 12, 2017-2018)