Marci represents clients in all phases of real estate acquisition, sales, finance, leasing, public/private partnerships, and development. She has extensive experience in representing clients before various local land use authorities regarding platting, variances and other zoning matters.
Marci was inducted into the first annual Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame in 2011. She is a frequent speaker on real estate and business law matters.
Marci is recognized by Best Lawyers in America® and as an Indiana Super Lawyer. She is also listed in Chambers USA (2015-2017) for Real Estate Law. Marci is also AV Peer Review Rated (Preeminent) by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell.
Marci is president of the Fort Benjamin Harrison Reuse Authority Board of Directors, the board charged with redeveloping the land formerly owned by the U.S. Army at Fort Benjamin Harrison. She is chair of the Indiana Business Law Survey Commission, a statutory commission of governors’ appointees who advise the Indiana Secretary of State and Indiana General Assembly on state business entity statutes and related matters. Marci is a past chair of the Business Law Section of the Indiana State Bar Association.
In addition to her private practice experience, Marci served as corporations counsel in the Office of Evan Bayh, Indiana Secretary of State from 1987-1988 and as executive assistant to Governor Bayh from 1989-1990, advising him on higher education matters and other areas of state policy.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1984)
- Indiana University, B.A. (double degree), (1978)
- State - Indiana
Serves as real estate counsel to:
- The largest electric utility company in the U.S. concerning real estate matters in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio including the acquisition and disposition of power plant land and improvement acquisition of property, negotiation of telecommunication contracts, and the preparation of transaction documents.
- National and regional real estate developers concerning credit facilities ranging from $500+ million to $5 million.
- Local real estate developer in connection with the acquisition, sale, redevelopment and financing for vintage multi-family projects in the older areas of the City of Indianapolis.
- An owner/developer of multiple upscale doggy daycare facilities concerning zoning and real estate matters.
- Local real estate developers purchasing industrial parks for redevelopment and leasing.
- The City of Indianapolis in connection with creating a city-wide LED street light conversion program with Indianapolis Power and Light.
- An Indianapolis real estate developer concerning financing for a public-private partnership with the City of Indianapolis to acquire and re-develop four historic properties at the former Central State Mental Hospital. Marci represented the developer in connection with the acquisition of the property and continues to serve as counsel to the developer. The redevelopment includes market-rate student housing, an event center, mixed use office/retail, urban gardens and creative green spaces.
- Developers in the acquisition of a multi-parcel industrial properties having over 80 tenants using a tenants-in-common arrangement.
- International petroleum company in connection with guaranties for credit facilitaties ranging from $350-500 million.
- The owner/redeveloper in connection with a $26 million Fannie Mae re-financing of a portfolio of market rate apartments.
- The seller of a portfolio of 15 low-income housing projects across eight states with HUD financing assumption by buyer.
- The seller of a $38 million medical office building complex to a national REIT.
- National health care educator in connection with multi-state office leasing.
Provided real estate counsel for:
- Major central Indiana specialty orthopaedics hospital and health care physician group regarding on hospital facility leasing, medical office building leasing, development, construction and zoning matters.
- Multi-state transaction involving the sale and lease of a variety of real estate holdings as well as the sale of business assets of a farm implement company.
Served as local real estate counsel to the owners of regional senior living communities on:
- HUD LEAN program credit facilities ranging from $10 million to $15 million. Health care regulatory matters and zoning and real estate issues were addressed in connection with HUD requirements.
- $350 million credit facility that also included health care regulatory matters.
- American Bar Association Member
- Indiana State Bar Association Member, Past Chair of Business Law Sections
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member, Past Chair of Real Estate and Land Use Section Executive Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow Distinguished Fellow
- Fort Benjamin Harrison Reuse Authority President, Board of Directors
- Indiana Business Law Survey Commission Chair
- Intelenet Commission Past Executive Committee member, 1996-2004
- Marion County Board of Zoning Appeals Past Chair of Board II (8 years)
- Out Run the Sun, Inc. Founder, past board member, current volunteer