Stuart M. Schwartz
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (248) 727-1512
- F (248) 351-3082
- C (313) 530-5005
Stuart represents clients in commercial disputes and other business concerns across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, construction, real estate, retail, hospitality, financial services, health care, technology, and transportation.
Stuart serves as lead counsel to clients of all sizes in high-risk and complex matters pending in business and other courts across the country. Additionally, Stuart maintains an active outside general counsel practice for numerous clients who rely on him as a trusted advisor to navigate a myriad of legal and strategic matters, including soft intellectual property considerations, key employee agreements, mergers, acquisitions and succession planning, and general risk assessment/analysis.
With a reputation in the legal community for pragmatic client advocacy, Stuart has also been engaged to serve as a mediator in various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Recipient, Michigan Super Lawyer, Business Litigation
Recipient, Top Lawyer, Construction Law, dBusiness
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School
- Duke University - Durham, North Carolina
- State - Michigan
- Federal - U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. District Ct., W.D. of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- Federal - U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Wisconsin
- Federal - U.S. District Ct., S.D. of New York
- Federal - Pro Hac Vice - U.S. District Ct., S.D. of Iowa
- State - Pro Hac Vice - State of Wisconsin (Chippewa County)
- State - Pro Hac Vice - Maryland Court of Special Appeals
- undefined - Pro Hac Vice - Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Obtained judgement in a fraud and civil RICO action on behalf of municipal client in the amount of $120,000,000 and successfully defended that judgment through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Obtained complete dismissal of a trade secrets action brought against an industrial equipment manufacturer, with an award of attorneys’ fees and costs in client’s favor.
- Obtained an injunction against a service provider client’s former key employee and his competing business.
- Obtained a significant recovery for a client in the hospitality industry on a claim of constructive eviction.
- Obtained a significant recovery for a manufacturing client against a successor to a defunct business by successfully proving alter ego and voidable/fraudulent transaction theories.
- Obtained a significant recovery (including control of the business) for shareholders in a large retail automotive business on a claim of minority oppression.
- Obtained a significant recovery for an industrial raw material producer on a large business interruption claim involving damage to manufacturing facility.
- Successfully defended real estate developer/project owner against claims of wrongful contract termination.
Speeches and Publications
Taft Detroit Expands With the Addition of Three Partners
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Cranbrook - Kingswood
Varsity Boys Lacrosse Coach (2010 - 2019)
- Michigan Jewish Sports Foundation