Ryan focuses his practice on complex litigation, particularly mass tort actions and multi-district litigation involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices. He serves as co-lead counsel for several pharmaceutical manufacturers in multi-district litigation pending in the Eastern District of Kentucky captioned In re Darvocet, Darvon and Propoxyphene Products Liability Litigation. Ryan is also part of the national counsel team defending a large orthopedic manufacturer against more than 2,000 individual product liability lawsuits relating to hip implant devices.
Additionally, a substantial portion of Ryan's litigation practice is devoted to personal injury, product liability, and wrongful death actions. He has experience in state and federal courts throughout Ohio and Kentucky and in all aspects of the litigation process, including bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and mediations. Representative examples of personal injury and product liability cases include:
- Representation of retailers and manufacturers in product liability claims.
- Representation of both individuals and retailers in slip and falls and construction site accidents.
- Representation of medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Representation of both individuals and business entities in automobile, trucking and pedestrian accidents, many of which included death and permanent and catastrophic injuries.
Ryan is a 2012 graduate of the Leadership Northern Kentucky program. One of only 50 members, he was selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership ability, as well as evidence of community interest and commitments. He has been recognized as a "Top Local Plaintiff Litigation Star” in Ohio for Personal Injury and Product Liability in all three editions of Benchmark Plaintiff. He was also named a 2016 Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation.
Ryan received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English, graduating cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Kentucky, and his law degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was a member of Order of the Coif. In law school he served as a staff member of the Kentucky Law Journal. Ryan is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky.
Honoree, "Top Local Plaintiff Litigation Star" by Benchmark Plaintiff
Honoree, "Local Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation (2016)
All Service Areas
- University of Kentucky College of Law (2002)
- University of Kentucky
- Federal - Eastern District of Kentucky
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Western District of Kentucky
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- Benchmark Plaintiff Litigation Star Honoree
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation Honoree
- Cincinnati Bar Association Member
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation Member
- Kentucky Bar Association Member
- Leadership Northern Kentucky Member, Class of 2012
- Ohio State Bar Association Member