Peter has substantial experience representing both public and private companies and investors in a variety of securities, regulatory and corporate governance matters. His public company representation has included public equity offerings, sales transactions and going private transactions. Peter counsels public corporations about SEC disclosure obligations, stockholder communications, board and special committee procedures and governance, and compliance under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Peter has also represented many private businesses, including start-ups and emerging growth companies, in their initial capital raising ventures and subsequent private placements and has substantial experience in the area of partnership and limited liability company formation and governance, and related tax issues. He has represented businesses and their owners in connection with all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions process and counsels clients on a wide variety of general corporate and business matters, including intellectual property protection and licensing.
In addition, Peter devotes significant time to antitrust and trade regulation issues and is familiar with numerous federal and state statutory and regulatory schemes applicable to businesses in a variety of industries, including the Hart Scott Rodino Act, Sherman Act, Lanham Act, CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, Graham-Leach-Bliley Act and various consumer lending and consumer protection statutes. He also represents clients in commercial bankruptcy proceedings and has extensive experience preparing, litigating and resolving claims in bankruptcy.
Peter is admitted to practice before the state courts of Ohio and Florida and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He is a former chair and vice chair of the Business and Corporation Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and is also actively involved with the Ohio Venture Association, the British-American Chamber of Commerce, the Sarasota and Manatee Chambers of Commerce, the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance and the Station 2 Innovation Center, among other organizations. Peter is listed in Best Lawyers in America 2018 for Securities/Capital Markets Law.
All Service Areas
- The Ohio State University College of Law (2000)
- Colby College (1997)
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- State - Florida
- Florida Bar Association Member
- American Bar Association Member (Section 1 Committee of Antitrust Section)
- Ohio State Bar Association Member
- Ohio State Law Journal Managing Editor
- Sarasota County Bar Association Member
- Lakewood Ranch, FL Florida Bar Association Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Former Member & Chair (Corporation and Business Law Section)
- Ohio Venture Association Member
- Order of the Coif Member
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Team Member
- Station 2 Innovation Center Board Member
- Bright Ideas on the Gulf Coast Member, BIG Ideas Team
- Sarasota, FL Chamber of Commerce Member
- Manatee, FL Chamber of Commerce Member