Payal focuses her practice on general corporate and transactional matters.
Payal represents business clients in a broad range of areas, including mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, regulatory matters and debt and equity issuances.
In addition, Payal has prior experience with health care transactional and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Payal was an associate in the health care department of McGuireWoods. She earned her J.D., Order of the Coif, from Emory University School of Law, where she also served as managing editor for the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. She received her B.S., cum laude, from New York University.
Payal speaks Gujarati, an Indo-Aryan language. She provides pro bono services to the Chicago Architecture Biennial and serves as its Secretary and Outside Counsel. Payal also serves on the junior board of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. In addition, she is a board member for Alternatives, Inc., a comprehensive, multi-cultural youth development organization that operates as a support system for more than 4,000 of Chicago’s young people and their families each year.
Honoree, 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch, Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer (2022)
Honoree, “Notable Women in Law” by Crain’s Chicago Business (2022)
Honoree, Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions (2021 – 2022)
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch”, Corporate Law (2021)
All Service Areas
- Emory University School of Law (2010)
- New York University, B.S., cum laude (2007)
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- Moderator, “The Family Business Dynamic – M&A, Growth, and Succession Planning,” Chicago Smart Business Dealmakers Conference, Oct. 5, 2023.
- Moderator, “Transition or Sell: What to Do With Your Family Business,” Chicago Smart Business Dealmakers Conference, Oct. 12, 2022.
- Panelist, “Negotiation Hot Topics: What Lawyers Need to Know to Succeed,” ACC Chicago Summit, Aug. 30, 2022.
- Moderator, “Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Talent in a Changed World,” ACC Chicago Summit, Sept. 1, 2021.
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Alternatives, Inc.
- Chicago Architecture Biennial