Nick represents clients in a wide variety of occupational safety and employment related matters, including workers’ compensation claims, employer intentional torts, violations of specific safety requirements (VSSRs), OSHA citations, employment discrimination and unemployment compensation. He represents both state-funded and self-insured employers before the Industrial Commission of Ohio, the Courts of Common Pleas, Ohio Appellate Courts and the Ohio Supreme Court.
Nick has significant litigation experience, having defended numerous cases to jury trial. He also assists employers in BWC audit disputes, group-rating issues and applications for self-insurance. Nick also devotes his time assisting employers in serious accident investigations. He is a frequent lecturer on workers’ compensation, occupational safety and health and employment topics.
Nick serves on the board of trustees of the Humane Society of Greater Dayton. He is a former associate board member of the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. He also served on the board of trustees of the K-12 Gallery for Young People. Nick was a member of the Leadership Dayton Class of 2012.
Nick received his undergraduate degree from Kent State University and his law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law.
All Service Areas
- University of Dayton School of Law (1990)
- Kent State University (1986)
- State - Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Dayton Rotary Club (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Leadership Dayton (Member, Class of 2012)
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery (Former Associate Board Member)
- Dayton/Miami Valley Safety Council (Board Member)
- Humane Society of Greater Dayton (Board Member)
- K-12 Gallery for Young People (Former Board Member)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Member)