Michael’s practice primarily focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and general corporate counseling. He advises buyers and sellers on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence review, negotiation, deal structuring, and documentation of the deal, from preliminary discussions through closing. Michael also provides clients with business formation counseling, including advising on type of business entity selection, drafting operating agreements, and preparing shareholder/member agreements. He regularly counsels clients on corporate governance and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Michael also assists clients with employment and consulting arrangements, negotiation and review of subscription agreements, redemption agreements, and other similar investment agreements.
Michael earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Akron School of Law in 2017, and earned a M.B.A. from the University of Akron College of Business in Management the same year. His undergraduate degrees are from Walsh University, where he earned a B.A. in Marketing and a B.A. in Management, magna cum laude, in 2014.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch,” Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Venture Capital Law (2024)
All Service Areas
- University of Akron School of Law (2017)
magna cum laude
- University of Akron College of Business (2017)
Master of Business Administration
- Walsh University (2014)
magna cum laude
Member, Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society
- State - Ohio
- Counsel to Evantic, a portfolio company of Edgewater Capital Partners, in connection with its add-on acquisition of Plastic Distributors and Fabricators, LLC (PDF). PDF is a manufacturer and fabricator of high-precision, difficult to machine plastic components.
- Counsel to Edgewater Capital Partners in its acquisition of NeoGraf Solutions, LLC, an industry-leading designer, formulator, and manufacturer of specialty natural graphite products.
- Counsel to Evantic, a portfolio company of Edgewater Capital Partners, in connection with its acquisition of Vertec Polymers, Inc., a designer and manufacturer of highly engineered PEEK, PPS, PTFE, PFA, and other advance polymeric materials.
- Counsel to Edgewater Capital Partners in its acquisition of the scintillation and photonoic crystals business of Saint-Gobain, S.A.
- Counsel to Edgewater Capital Partners in its acquisition of AmeriWater, an industry leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and supply of water purification systems.
- Counsel to Force Sports, a multi-sports center in Northeast Ohio, in its disposition to TOCA Football.
Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Non-U.S. Companies to Consider when Doing Business in the United States,” Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce Virtual Trade Mission to Ohio, Nov. 2, 2022.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
Member, Cleveland Chapter
- American Bar Association
Member, Business Group