Michael C. Terrell
Mick is chief employment counsel for numerous international and domestic companies engaged in various industries, including manufacturing, real estate, banking, construction, education, entertainment and high tech. He concentrates his practice in all aspects of labor and employment law, with a particular emphasis on prevention and defense of employment litigation. His practice includes employment litigation in federal and state court at the trial and appellate level throughout the United States, defending employment discrimination charges, drafting personnel policies and practices, handling wage and hour matters, developing employee drug testing programs, drafting affirmative action programs, drafting employment contracts, drafting and enforcing employee non-compete and confidentiality agreements, counseling clients on plant closing, work relocation and reduction in force issues, and defending labor arbitration and unfair labor practice charges. He also routinely counsels clients on day-to-day personnel issues and frequently provides clients with in-house training on an array of employment matters.
Mick has significant experience representing colleges and universities in employment litigation matters including Title IX, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract and tenure. He also provides Title IX training and conducts workplace investigations for schools and athletic departments.
Mick also has extensive experience in handling complex commercial and business disputes, including cases involving securities laws, antitrust laws, corporations and partnership law, unfair business practices and other general business and corporate matters.
Mick was lead litigation counsel for the City of Indianapolis in its contested acquisition of Indianapolis Water Company before the Utility Regulatory Commission.
Mick has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Employment Law - Management, and Labor Law - Management), Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (top ranked for Labor and Employment Law), and Indiana Super Lawyers (Labor and Employment Law).
Mick is a member of the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board of Managers. The Capital Improvement Board finances, constructs, equips, operates, and maintains any capital facilities or improvements of general public benefit or welfare which promote and serve the commercial, industrial, and cultural interests of Indiana and its citizens.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1984)
- Indiana University, B.S. (1981)
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) Awarded
- American Bar Association Member, Litigation, Labor and Employment Law Sections
- Indiana State Bar Association Member, Litigation, Labor and Employment Law Sections
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member, Litigation, Labor and Employment Law Sections
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow
- Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board Member, Board of Managers