Mark J. Stepaniak
Mark represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including litigation for employers in the federal and state courts involving wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, race and age discrimination, retaliatory discharge and wage and hour matters. He is experienced in trade secret and non-competition agreement litigation.
Mark has extensive experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements in the broadcast, music, automotive, soft drink beverage, plastics, logistics, distributing, dairy and paper working industries and for public sector employers, including hospitals, the Cincinnati Public Schools and the University of Cincinnati. He has primary responsibility for all aspects of NLRB proceedings, strike preparedness, including coordination of security measures, obtaining injunctions against mass picketing and violence, pursuing contempt orders, initiating criminal prosecutions, coordinating the hiring of a replacement workforce and defending management in related proceedings.
Mark is honored with inclusion in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, was named the Best Lawyers in America 2016 Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati and is recognized in Ohio Super Lawyers. He is a member of the Public Affairs Council of the Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce, is a member of the board of directors of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company and is past president of the board of trustees for Catholic Social Services of Southwestern Ohio. Mark served as chair of the firm's employment committee and is a former member of the executive committee.
Mark received his undergraduate degree from Thomas More College in 1977 and his law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1980.
Honoree, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment - Best Lawyers in America (1995-present); 2016 Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati
Honoree, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2007-2017)
Honoree, Employment & Labor: Employer - Ohio Super Lawyers (2004-present)
All Service Areas
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (1980)
- Thomas More College (1977)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- State - Ohio
- Boy Scouts of America - Daniel Beard Council (Former Board Member)
- Catholic Social Services of Southwestern (Past President and Board Member)
- Cincinnati Athletic Club (Member)
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (Board Member)
- Convalescent Hosp for Children, affiliated w/ Cinti Children's Hosp Med Ctr (Trustee and Board Member)
- Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee (Member)
- National Rifle Association (Member)
- Saint Ursula Academy (Former Board Member)
- St. Francis DeSales Catholic Church (Parishioner)