Lynn is firmwide co-chair of Taft's Commercial Litigation practice. She is experienced in commercial litigation, bankruptcy and restructuring, and creditors’ rights matters. Lynn represents global companies and closely held entities in a variety of business disputes, including breach of contract, UCC commercial claims, licensing, and sales commission claims, and shareholder disputes in closely held companies.
Lynn’s contract dispute experience includes representing multiple sports and media clients on a variety of litigation matters including sponsorship, licensing, endorsement, and representation agreements. Her experience representing media clients also involves a variety of First Amendment work including defending defamation actions and commencing mandamus actions for public records.
Lynn also has extensive experience representing companies in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights actions, and appears in bankruptcy courts across the country in connection with these cases. She advises businesses on a wide range of creditors’ rights issues, including preference and avoidance actions, bankruptcy’s effect on executory contracts, reclamation claims, and negotiations related to Section 363 sales.
She is also a member of Taft’s newly formed Distressed Company Task Force, created to assist borrower clients in every way, including how to navigate discussions with their lenders, and in addressing concerns over suppliers and stakeholders.
In addition to practicing in state and federal courts, Lynn represents commercial clients nationally in American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and JAMS mediation and arbitration proceedings. Her successes include obtaining a large award in the International Center for Dispute Resolution on behalf of a global manufacturer against a foreign supplier.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Bankruptcy (2020 - Present)
All Service Areas
- Wake Forest University School of Law (1991)
summa cum laude; Fletcher Scholar; Wake Forest Law Review, Articles Editor
- Hillsdale College, summa cum laude (1985)
- State - Supreme Court of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Central District of Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - District of Colorado
- Federal - Western District of Tennessee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Member, Judicial Ratings Committee
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Member, Partners in Justice Program (2019)