As co-chair of Taft’s Employment practice, Justin handles a wide range of labor and employment matters. His experience includes noncompetition and trade secrets litigation; lawsuits and administrative charges involving race, sex, age, disability and religious discrimination; wage and hour matters under the Fair Labor Standards Act and various state laws; National Labor Relations Act claims, union elections and labor arbitration proceedings; military leave; employee handbooks and workplace policies; electronic discovery and recordkeeping issues; and other issues relating to employment relationships.
Justin is passionate about helping employers navigate the daily challenges of compliance and mitigation of the risks that employment law creates for all organizations. When disputes do end up in court or in other proceedings, Justin’s extensive litigation experience — including multiple jury and bench trials — enables him to provide effective counsel to Taftʼs clients.
Justin speaks regularly on longstanding and emerging issues affecting labor and employment policy, compliance and best practices for management. He has published numerous articles on a variety of labor and employment topics and has been quoted on employment law matters in prominent newspapers and other media.
In addition to his practice, Justin is chair of the steering committee for the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamberʼs Leadership Cincinnati program. He also serves on the board of directors of ReSource, a nonprofit organization that supports other nonprofits with consulting services and the distribution of donated goods. Justin was also a founding co-chair of ProKids Young Professionals, served on the board of directors of the Hearing, Speech and Deaf Center of Greater Cincinnati and is a past president of the board of trustees of The Friends of the William Howard Taft Birthplace.
Justin graduated cum laude from Miami University and earned his J.D., cum laude, from the Washington and Lee University School of Law, where he was Editor in Chief of the Washington and Lee Law Review.
Honoree, Labor & Employment Law – Ohio Super Lawyers (2015-present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2005-2006, 2010-2011, 2013-2014)
Graduate, Class 36 – Leadership Cincinnati
Member, Class XV – Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL)
Member, Class 3 – C-Change Leadership Program
All Service Areas
- Crisis Management
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Internal Investigations
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Labor Relations and Union Avoidance
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Wage and Hour Law
- Non-Competition Agreements
- FMLA, Attendance and Leaves of Absence
- Class Action Employment Claims
- Employment Law
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (1999)
- Miami University (1996)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Class XV
- C-Change Leadership Program Class 3
- Leadership Cincinnati Class 36
- Hamilton County Law Library Resource Board Board Member
- Cincinnati Law Library Association Board Member
- ReSource Board Member