Jonathan is a nationally-recognized trial attorney who handles high stakes cases for both large and small companies around the United States. He serves as Chair of Taft’s 60+ lawyer Intellectual Property Practice Group. His cases involve the full range of issues in IP-related litigation, including the following:
- Trademark/Trade Dress.
- Internet/Domain name litigation.
- Software and Technology disputes.
- Trade Secrets.
- Media and First Amendment.
- Right of publicity/privacy.
- Entertainment Law.
Jonathan has appeared before state and federal courts in 25 of the 50 U.S. states, the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board and private arbitration panels.
Jonathan has also been featured in the national media for his work on behalf of Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, in their pursuit of justice against O.J. Simpson, the person held responsible by a civil jury for the brutal slaying of Ron Goldman. Jonathan advanced unique legal theories involving use of intellectual property to assist victims like the Goldman family in holding Simpson financially responsible. In connection with that representation, Jonathan has appeared on ABC News’ Nightline, Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren Show and CNN Headline News’ The Nancy Grace Show. He is also called upon by local, regional and national media to comment on legal topics of the day.
Jonathan also litigates non-IP related complex commercial disputes for his clients.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers
Honoree, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Benchmark Plaintiff: Top Local Plaintiff Litigation Star for Commercial and Intellectual Property
Benchmark Litigation: 2016 Local Litigation Star
All Service Areas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (1994)
- Southern Methodist University, B.S. (1991)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- Federal Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana Small Business Development Center Advisory Board (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property and Sports & Entertainment Law Sections)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Executive Committee Member, Intellectual Property Section)
- International Trademark Association (Member)
- NPower of Indiana, Inc. (Board Member)
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association (Member)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- People on Wheels, Inc. (Board Member)
- Park Tudor School (Member, Board of Trustees)