Jayna M. Cacioppo
Jayna is an experienced commercial litigator, and serves as chair of the Indianapolis Litigation practice group. Jayna represents clients around the country in both Federal and State Court and is known for her ability to tackle complicated commercial disputes in any industry. Her clients span many sectors including energy, software, manufacturing, accounting, healthcare, transportation, agriculture and biosciences. She routinely represents corporations and individuals in business disputes involving contracts, securities litigation, injunctive relief, and trade secrets. Jayna’s practice also includes intellectual property litigation in the areas of patent, trademark and copyright infringement. Additionally Jayna routinely represents individuals and corporations in white collar criminal litigation, as well as regulatory investigations by state and federal agencies.
Jayna has extensive experience in guiding clients through electronic discovery and information governance. She is seasoned in using advanced technologies to significantly narrow the burden and expense of electronic discovery and works collaboratively with clients to develop and implement litigation strategies focused on cost-effective results. Jayna has leveraged her expertise in electronic discovery and information governance to counsel clients on cybersecurity issues. She advises clients in all aspects of data security, from the initial preventative measures through the crisis management of a breach.
Jayna serves on the ABA Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee and the ABA Woman Advocate Committee.
Community involvement is very important to Jayna. She serves on the board of directors of the Central Indiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and has been the Chair of Komen’s Pink Tie Ball since 2015. In 2016, she was elected President of the Union Elementary PTO in Zionsville, after previously serving the PTO as Student Services Officer. She also is a member of the Georgetown University alumni interview committee and has conducted interviews for Georgetown since graduating in 1998. She was chosen to participate in IndyBar’s Bar Leader Series X and the United Way Executive Women’s Leadership Program. Jayna has been selected as an Indiana Rising Star from 2010-2015 and is listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2018 for commercial litigation.
Honoree, Indiana Rising Star (2010-2015)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation (2018)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2005)
- Georgetown University, Walsh School of Foreign Service (1998)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member, Membership Value Task Force; 2012-2013 Bar Leader Series X)
- MCCOY (Marion County Commission On Youth) (Past Board Member 2011-2014)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Central Indiana Affiliate (Board Member and Chair of Pink Tie Ball Committee (2015-2017))
- United Way of Central Indiana (Leadership United)
- Union Elementary School (President, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO))