Jayna M. Cacioppo
Jayna is a partner in the Indianapolis office of Taft, where she serves as Chair of the Indianapolis Litigation practice group. Jayna’s practice concentrates in the areas of complex commercial, civil and white-collar criminal litigation, as well as regulatory investigations by state and federal agencies. She has experience in matters involving contracts, intellectual property, securities and public corruption. She routinely advises clients in the cybersecurity, energy, health care, manufacturing, technology and transportation sectors, and specializes in navigating complex litigation and government investigations.
Some of the results that Jayna has achieved for her clients include winning preliminary injunctions, defeating class action certifications, successfully defending individuals and companies in white collar criminal cases, and resolving intellectual property disputes. Jayna’s advanced knowledge of technology, ESI best practices and information governance can also give your organization an edge with figuring out ways to conduct eDiscovery and data collection both efficiently and cost-effectively. Jayna’s savviness with technology and cybercriminal tactics also make her an asset for clients looking to improve their cybersecurity safeguards and address imminent data breaches.
Jayna is equally active with her local community as she is with her clients. Jayna has been active raising funds for the fight against breast cancer through her work with the Central Indiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen, particularly through her role as Vice President of the Board. She is also passionate about finding ways to improve public schools, working her way up to serving as President of the Union Elementary Parents & Teachers Organization in Zionsville, Indiana. Additionally, she is active in her legal community as a member of the American Bar Association, the Indiana Bar Association, and the Indianapolis Bar Association.
Jayna graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law, and also graduated from Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service.
Honoree, Indiana Rising Star (2010-2015)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation (2018)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2005)
Magna Cum Laude
- Georgetown University, Walsh School of Foreign Service (1998)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association Member
- Indiana State Bar Association Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member, Membership Value Task Force; 2012-2013 Bar Leader Series X
- Historical Society of the Southern District of Indiana Member, Steering Committee
- MCCOY (Marion County Commission On Youth) Past Board Member 2011-2014
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Central Indiana Affiliate Board Member (Vice President) and Chair of Pink Tie Ball Committee (2015-2017)
- United Way of Central Indiana Leadership United
- Union Elementary School President, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)