David handles complex corporate transactions, particularly mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and strategic commercial relationships. David has particular experience in the payments industry, handling acquisitions of payments-related businesses and assisting clients with payment processing agreements and other technology-related services agreements in the Fintech industry.
Prior to joining Taft, David was a partner in the corporate group of Eversheds Sutherland (US), LLP in Atlanta, Ga.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)
Honoree, Leading Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions (2019)
Honoree, Georgia Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2005 – 2012)
Honoree, The Legal 500 United States, Mergers Acquisitions and Buyouts (2009)
All Service Areas
- Emory University School of Law (1999)
- Vanderbilt University (1996)
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- State - Georgia
- Represented publicly-traded financial services company in the acquisition of multiple growth companies in the Fintech and payments industry.
- Represented venture-backed technology business in its sale to European software company for $35 million.
- Represented international services firm in the acquisition of a technology services business with operations in the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Hungary, and Japan.
- Represented public company diversified industrials business in divestiture of subsidiary for $185 million.
- Represented food and agribusiness concern in the acquisition of a food manufacturing business for $500 million.
- Represented consumer products company in a merger with a public company in a transaction valued at $2.6 billion.
- Represented publicly traded infrastructure business in its sale and the separate split off of a related business in a private securities offering in a transaction valued at $120 million.
- Represented food company in acquisition of well-known consumer brand for $43 million.
- Represented private equity sponsor in formation of multiple funds.
Speeches and Publications
Acquisition of Privately-Held Company: Drafting Points for the Stock Purchase Agreement, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia – Negotiated Corporate Acquisitions Program, February 2017.
Negotiating Letters of Intent: Using the Tools and Avoiding the Traps – Corporate and Litigation Perspectives, 36th Annual Business Law Institute, October 2017.
Insuring M&A Success: A Practical Guide for Utilizing Representation and Warranty Insurance, 35th Annual Business Law Institute, October 2016.
- American Bar Association
Member, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Ohio Justice and Policy Center
Board of Directors