David is a business lawyer representing clients in complex transactions and other corporate matters. He has extensive experience handling mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, as well as joint ventures and strategic commercial relationships.
Honoree, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers®, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2023), Corporate Governance Law (2024), Cincinnati
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Governance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021 – present)
Leading Lawyers Honoree, Cincy Magazine, Mergers & Acquisitions
(2019, 2022 – 2023)
Honoree, The Legal 500 United States, Mergers Acquisitions and Buyouts (2009)
Honoree, Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Cincinnati (2023)
All Service Areas
- Emory University School of Law (1999)
- Vanderbilt University (1996)
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- State - Georgia
- Represented technology company in multiple acquisitions of software businesses.
- Represented public company in multiple convertible debt and equity offerings.
- Represented independent sponsor in multiple middle market acquisitions, including organization, structuring, and financing.
- Represented privately held financial services business in sale to a chartered bank for $121 million.
- Represented venture-backed technology company in sale to a private equity sponsor for $65 million.
- Served as interim general counsel for large privately held software and services company.
- Represented publicly-traded financial services company in the acquisition of several growth companies in the fintech and payments industry.
- Represented international services firm in the acquisition of a technology services business with operations in the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Hungary, and Japan.
- Represented food and agribusiness concern in the acquisition of a food manufacturing business for $500 million.
- Represented consumer products company in a merger with a public company in a transaction valued at $2.6 billion.
- Represented publicly traded infrastructure business in its sale and the separate split off of a related business in a private securities offering in a transaction valued at $120 million.
- Represented private equity sponsor in formation of multiple funds.
Speeches and Publications
Acquisition of Privately-Held Company: Drafting Points for the Stock Purchase Agreement, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia – Negotiated Corporate Acquisitions Program, February 2017.
Negotiating Letters of Intent: Using the Tools and Avoiding the Traps – Corporate and Litigation Perspectives, 36th Annual Business Law Institute, October 2017.
Insuring M&A Success: A Practical Guide for Utilizing Representation and Warranty Insurance, 35th Annual Business Law Institute, October 2016.
- American Bar Association
Member, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Leadership Cincinnati
Member, Class 45
- Ohio Justice and Policy Center
- Living Arrangements for the Developmentally Disabled (LADD)
Board of Directors
Board of Directors