Chuck advises and defends clients in all areas of labor and employment law, including collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, union avoidance, union representation proceedings, unfair labor practices, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour issues, Family and Medical Leave Act compliance, wrongful discipline or discharge, whistleblower, drug and alcohol testing, safety, employment contract disputes, non-compete agreements, executive compensation and severance, and workers’ compensation. He also counsels clients on education law matters, including Constitutional issues, open records, student records and open meetings. Chuck regularly represents clients in federal and state court and before federal and state administrative agencies.
Chuck is a no-nonsense lawyer who draws on his unique first-hand management and business experience to provide clients with practical and effective guidance and representation in preventing and solving business and legal issues. At the age of 23, Chuck began his professional business career supervising more than 50 employees on the production floor of a unionized auto assembly plant for Chrysler Corporation. During his following 12 years at Chrysler, Chuck was promoted to various management positions, including positions in safety and workers’ compensation.
While working full time at Chrysler, Chuck attended law school at Indiana University School of Law, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class in 1994. In addition to graduating with honors, Chuck was awarded the George M. Dick Labor Law Award for excellence demonstrated in his labor law coursework.
Chuck is admitted to practice law in the states of Indiana and Wisconsin. He is a frequent speaker and author on labor and employment law topics.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1994)
- Beloit College, B.A. (1985)
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Federal - Western District of Wisconsin
- State - Indiana
- State - Wisconsin
- American Bar Association Member, Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member, Labor and Employment Section
- Community Development Law Center Attorney Volunteer
- Family Services, Indianapolis, Indiana Member, Board of Directors
- Indiana Coalition on Housing and Homeless Issues Volunteer
- Indiana State Bar Association Homeless Project Member, Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections