Charles practices in the areas of commercial litigation, corporate compliance & white collar criminal defense, insurance coverage disputes, product liability and personal injury defense, employment discrimination, professional negligence defense, class actions, cybersecurity, appellate advocacy and construction litigation. Charles has argued successfully in the Ohio Supreme Court, the State court of appeals and in the Federal court of appeals representing appellants and appellees.
Charles earned his undergraduate degree from Lafayette College, and his law degree from Case Western Reserve University, where he was a member of the Dean's Tutorial Society and the International Law Moot Court Team.
Prior to joining the firm, he practiced law in many areas of general practice, including civil defense and criminal prosecution. Charles was an assistant prosecutor in Erie County for four years, and was a member of the Board of Trustees of the Erie County Bar Association. He is a member of the John M. Manos Inn of Court and serves as a volunteer Magistrate for the North Olmsted Juvenile Diversion Program.
He has been awarded an AV Peer Review (Preeminent) Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell in recognition of his "expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence." He also is a member of the firm's International Practice Area. He is listed The Best Lawyers in America from 2016-2019 for Commercial Litigation.
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1994)
- Lafayette College
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) Awarded
- John M. Manos Inn of Court Member
- Big Buddy/Little Buddy Program Member
- North Olmsted Juvenile Diversion Program Volunteer Magistrate