Ronan represents private equity funds, large multi-national corporations and closely-held and family-owned businesses in complex transactions involving mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations. Ronan also advises growth stage and mature companies in connection with securing debt and equity financing and counsels business clients on general corporate matters.
Ronan graduated from the University of California at San Diego with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. He earned his J.D. from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, where he served as an associate editor of the Journal of Law & Policy. Prior to joining the firm, he was an associate for the Los Angeles office of a large international law firm and worked as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles’ Eviction Defense Center. Prior to law school, Ronan worked in management and outside sales for a Fortune 1000 company.
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star
Honoree, Indianapolis Business Journal's Forty Under 40 (2016)
Honoree, Indiana Lawyer's Leadership in Law - Up and Coming Lawyer (2016)
Finalist, Indy's Best and Brightest Awards (2015 and 2016)
Indianapolis Bar Association's Young Lawyer of the Year (2014)
Indianapolis Bar Assocation's Leader of the Quarter (Spring 2014)
"2013 Deal of the Year" by Indiana Chapter Association for Corporate Growth (representation of purchaser)
"2013 M&A Deal of the Year ($50mm to $100mm)" by New York Chapter Association for Corporate Growth (representation of seller)
All Service Areas
- Washington University School of Law in St. Louis (2009)
- University of California at San Diego (B.A., Economics) (2002)
- Federal - Central District of California
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- State - California (inactive status)
- Represented aviation company on an innovative multimillion dollar supply agreement.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading provider of right of way and land management services.
- Represented local HVAC provider in its purchase of substantially all of the assets of a complementary local business.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading provider of marketing and sales messaging, tools and training products.
- Represented the number one supplier of performance-upgrade aftermarket brake products in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a distributor of replacement windshields, glass, windows and awnings for RVs, heavy trucks and specialty vehicles.
- Represented portfolio company of private equity fund in the add-on acquisition of a communications company specializing in marketing and sales enablement content.
- Represented local manufacturer of point-of-care diagnostic products in its acquisition of the assets of a business unit of a large international company.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading distributor and manufacturer of medical and surgical devices.
- Association for Corporate Growth (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member, Business Law Section Executive Committee; Bar Leader Series Steering Committee, Board of Directors, Young Lawyer's Division, Bar Leader Series XII, Creator and Organizer "Intro to Indy" Series)
- Bar Leader Series XII (Graduate)
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star (Honoree)
- Venture Club of Indiana (Member, Spotlight Presenter Committee)
- Meals on Wheels (Member, Board of Directors; Strategic Planning Committee and Delivery Volunteer)
- The Penrod Society (Member and Arts Fair Volunteer; Vice-President-Sponsorship; Co-Chair Traffic and Parking)
- Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis (Member, Board of Directors and Program Committee)
- United Way of Central Indiana (Mentee, Tocqueville Society & Emerging Leaders Mentor Program; Member, Emerging Leaders; Graduate, Leadership United Generation Now Leadership Program)
- The Penrod Society (Member and Arts Fair Volunteer; Chair Signage and Programs; Co-Chair Communications; Evening with Penrod at the IMA Committee)
- Leadership Indianapolis (Member of President's Council; Member of Get on Board Committee; Participant in Opportunity Indianapolis Program)
- Charles A. Tindley Accelerated Schools (Trailblazer Organizing Committee Member)
- Methodist Health Foundation's Inspiring Leaders Program (Graduate 2014)