Tony focuses his practice on private equity venture capital matters. He also works closely with the construction, restaurant and hospitality, and technology industries and represents clients on major commercial real estate transactions.
Within Taft, Tony is a member of the Executive Committee and chair of the firm’s Administration Committee. He was previously the partner-in-charge of the Chicago office.
Beyond his practice at Taft, Tony also contributes to a wide range of civic, professional, public service, and corporate organizations. Among the diverse institutions, Tony holds leadership positions at Westminster Funds Advisory Board, Lane Industries, Inc., Partnership for a Connected Illinois, Inc, Kohl Children’s Museum, and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce.
He also spends time passing on his wisdom and experiences lecturing at Continuing Legal Education Seminars on various topics, including Land Use Law, Like-Kind Exchanges in Estate Planning, EB-5 Real Estate and Immigration Investments, and Commercial Real Estate Leases. Previously, Tony taught at the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Tony received his B.S., summa cum laude, from MacMurray College and his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
AV Preeminent Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
Top Rated Lawyer - Illinois Super Lawyers (2005 -2018)
Honoree, Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America (1999-2018)
Top Lawyer, Real Estate- Zoning and Land Use, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-1014)
All Service Areas
- Harvard Law School (1979)
- MacMurray College (B.S., summa cum laude, Political Science) (1976)
- State - Illinois
- Tishman Hotels: Various hotel and commercial investments in Chicago, IL
- Pizzuti Co.: Major industrial warehouse developments in Suburban Chicago, IL
- J.P. Morgan Chase Pension Advisory Group: Aqua Residential/Hotel Development in Chicago, IL, and the New City mixed-use development
- Kinship Capital: Private equity joint ventures
- International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate
- Westminster Funds Advisory Board
- Lane Industries, Inc.
Member, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
Adjunct Professor, 1989-2011
- Illinois Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, 2009-2015
- IIT, Graduate School of Architecture
Former Adjunct Professor
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois, Inc.
Chairman of the Board, 2009-present
- Illinois Capital Development Board
- Lambda Alpha International, Ely Chapter
- Highland Park Plan Commission
- Highland Park United Way Former Member, Board of Directors
- Highland Park Housing Commission
- Midwestern University
Former Member, Finance and Executive Committee