Ann's litigation experience spans a variety of areas, including business and contract disputes, complex environmental and toxic tort litigation, intellectual property disputes, products liability claims, and securities litigation. Ann routinely advises clients seeking to resolve matters prior to litigation, and she is experienced in alternative dispute resolution. Ann has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, and has experience with federal appellate work, as well.
In addition to her commercial litigation practice, Ann has extensive experience with insurance coverage litigation and insurance cost recovery, including disputes stemming from environmental claims. Prior to joining private practice in Indianapolis, Ann practiced at Tressler LLP in Chicago, where she concentrated on insurance coverage litigation that included representing insurers in complex coverage disputes regarding liability and property coverage.
Involvement in the legal profession is particularly important to Ann, and she is active in both the Indiana State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Locally, Ann has been involved with the Integrating Women Leaders Foundation and the Young Professionals Advisory Board of Children’s Bureau, Inc. While in Chicago, Ann served on the Leadership Committee of the Women Employed Advocacy Council, a group of young professionals working to advance the objectives of Women Employed as it strives to expand educational and employment opportunities for working women.
In addition to her legal experience, prior to law school, Ann worked at the strategic communications firm APCO Worldwide in Washington, D.C., where she frequently worked with in-house counsel to manage reputation risk and communication strategies stemming from large-scale litigation.
Ann graduated from George Washington University, magna cum laude, with a degree in journalism and earned her J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. During law school, she served as the editor-in-chief of the Federal Communications Law Journal and as a law clerk for the Honorable E. Michael Hoff on the Monroe County Circuit Court. Ann has been recognized by her peers for her accomplishments and was named an Illinois Rising Star in 2014 and 2015 and an Indiana Rising Star in 2017.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington
- George Washington University
- State - Illinois
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association Member; Participant, Social Media Focus Group, 2017; Graduate, 2016 Leadership Development Academy Class V, 2016; Member, Leadership Development Academy Committee, 2017-2018
- American Bar Association Member; Vice Chair, TIPS Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee 2016-2018
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member; Secretary, Insurance Coverage Section, 2015-2016
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court Associate
- Women Employed Member, Leadership Committee of Advocacy Council 2012-2015
- Lawyers in the Classroom Program Volunteer 2011-2015
- Jackie Robinson Society President 2005-2006
- Integrating Woman Leaders Foundation Member, 2017 Indy Conference Committee
- Children's Bureau, Inc. Member, Young Professionals Advisory Board