Drew is a partner in the Private Client and Estate Planning practice groups. He focuses his practice on:
- Assisting individuals in drafting wills and trusts
- Administering trusts and estates
- Preparing related federal income and estate tax returns
- Litigating trust and estate disputes
Drew has testified numerous times before various Minnesota House and Senate committees in support of various Probate and Trust section bills. He is a frequent lecturer on topics including retirement plan distributions, drafting the disclaimer revocable trust, the probate process, and drafting will and trust documents. In addition, Drew has served as an adjunct law professor at the St. Thomas School of Law.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Trusts and Estates (2023 – 2024)
Honoree, Top Lawyers, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Minnesota Monthly (2023)
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars
North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association (2020)
All Service Areas
- University of Minnesota Law School (1998)
- St. Olaf College (1995)
B.A, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - U.S. Tax Court
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Serves as a trustee for existing long term trusts for clients, to insure their documents are administered in accordance with their intentions and applicable legal and tax considerations.
- Challenged last will and testament on grounds of lack of capacity and undue influence.
- Defended corporate fiduciary against claims of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Established public charity for professional athlete and obtained tax-exempt status.
- Negotiated approval of trust accounts, release of claims and indemnification of trustee for corporate trustee removal and replacement by beneficiaries in a nonjudicial settlement agreement.
- Represented corporate fiduciary during contested probate and administration; defended final account and administration, obtained court approval and discharge of fiduciary.
- Represented professional athletes in antenuptial agreements and estate planning.
- Served as local counsel for multi-million dollar estate of decedent; secured approval of settlement between family members, beneficiaries and others; secured release of claims and indemnification for corporate fiduciary as personal representative and trustee.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Probate and Trust Section Council
Chair (2014-2015); Vice Chair (2013-2014); Secretary (2011-2012)
Probate and Trust Section Legislative Committee
Member and Co-Chair (2010-2014)
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (SMRLS)
Member, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- The Children's Law Center
- Children's Home Society
Member, Board of Directors
- Storefront Group
Former Member, Board of Directors