Allan is an experienced civil trial attorney. He focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, including class actions, securities and derivative litigation, employment-related matters and defense of claims against local municipal governmental entities. He has substantial experience in state and federal courts, administrative proceedings and with alternative dispute resolution methods.
Allan has successfully represented clients in a variety of commercial disputes, ranging from breach of contract actions to multi-state class action securities and derivative litigation. He also has done extensive work in defending employment-related claims and local municipalities.
Allan received his B.S. and J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University. During law school he was a managing editor of the Indiana Law Journal, member of the National Moot Court Team, Order of the Coif and Order of Barristers.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (1988)
- Indiana University (B.S., Business Analysis) (1985)
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Central District of Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- State - Illinois
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow, 2011-present
- American Bar Association Member, 1988-present
- Illinois State Bar Association Member, 1988-present
- Chicago Bar Association Member, 1988-present