Alex’s practice focuses on real estate transactions, commercial leasing, asset-backed financing, joint ventures and land development. Through his hands-on approach, he has been involved in a range of notable mixed use, retail, hotel, multi-family residential, office and hospitality projects throughout Chicago and the metropolitan area.
Alex’s background in banking and finance provides him with the ability to grasp complex transactions and quickly provide reliable and sound advice. He assists in corporate formations and business transactions, contract negotiations, commercial lease negotiations, asset purchase agreements, business entity formations, and private placements for fundraising/equity matters. With a wide range of experience in finance, commercial real estate and technology, Alex brings a depth of knowledge outside of the legal industry to each and every client he consults with.
Outside of practicing law, Alex is also active in the community. As a key member of the Chicago-Kent School of Law’s incubator program, he advises start-up law firms on how to identify markets, develop a company brand, and seize business opportunities. Additionally, he is an adjunct professor of Real Estate at Kendall College’s School of Hospitality Management, and is regularly invited to speak at a variety of seminars in the Chicago area.
Alex has been named an Illinois Super Lawyers “Rising Star” since 2016.
Honoree, Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate
(2016 - present)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (2009)
- Elmhurst College, B.S. (2006)
magna cum laude
- State - Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "Real Estate Law and Cannabis Legislation," co-moderator, Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Section Real Estate Law Committee seminar, November 2019
- "Entity Formation and Developing Niche Practices," IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law Solo & Small Practice Incubator, February 2019
- "Commercial Real Estate Practice Points," Greater Illinois Title Company, December 2016
- "Commercial Leasing," Chicago Bar Association, November 2016
- "Commercial Leasing Seminar," Financial Poise, March 2016
- "How to Negotiate a Commercial Lease," Chicago Bar Association, January 2015
- "Commercial Sales and Leasing," Chicago Bar Association, March 2014