Taft Welcomes 17 First-Year Associates
Taft Law is pleased to welcome 17 first-year associates to the firm. The lawyers will be located in the Chicago, Ill.; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Dayton, Ohio; Indianapolis, Ind.; and Minneapolis, Minn. offices of Taft.
The first-year associates will join the following Taft offices and practice groups:
- Ivy Charneski / Employment and Labor Relations / Cincinnati
- Reid Dickerson / Litigation / Indianapolis
- Gabriella Dubsky / Real Estate / Chicago
- Helen Jazzar / Business / Cleveland
- Jordan Jennings / Employment and Labor Relations / Dayton
- Lena Madison / Litigation / Chicago
- Yohana Mihreteab / Litigation / Chicago
- Donnie Naiman / Private Client / Business / Cincinnati
- Lysette Roman / Employment and Labor Relations / Cleveland
- David Roper / Litigation / Columbus
- Yuka Shiotani / Bankruptcy / Minneapolis
- Jeff Siwik / Business / Minneapolis
- Jeff Stagnaro / Business / Cincinnati
- Marquis Tapplin / Finance / Minneapolis
- Brett Taylor / Business / Dayton
- Thibault Vieilledent / Business / Indianapolis
- David Washbush / Business / Columbus
Taft is dedicated to fostering a modern law firm environment that encourages continuous professional development for attorneys. All first-year associates are assigned a partner mentor to help them assess and achieve practice group milestones specific to their level of experience. The firm also has a robust first-year training program for all incoming lawyers.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many prospective attorneys experienced delays in taking the bar exam in 2020. In order to support prospective first-year associates, Taft offered students a stipend to provide compensation until they joined the firm as associates.
“All 17 of the new lawyers joining the firm were summer associates at Taft, with over 70% of the class spending two summers at the firm. It’s exciting to have so many students spend both summers with us and then join as associates. They really hit the ground running because they already understand the culture and have connections with our lawyers and staff. We’re delighted to have this impressive group of new lawyers join us,” said chief recruiting officer, Lisa Watson.
Taft looks forward to welcoming the first-year associates across its offices and growing its attorney base with quality, diverse talent that unite Taft as a forward-thinking and contemporary law firm.
Learn more about Taft career paths for law students here.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Bilott Recent Media on Forever Chemical Fight Bilott Guest Speaker at “BURNED: Protecting the Protectors” Screening