Taft's Cleveland office held its 16th Annual Labor & Employment Law Update on Nov. 10 at the Embassy Suites Rockside in Cleveland, Ohio. The event included a buffet luncheon, afternoon presentation sessions and a cocktail networking reception.
- Employees vs. Independent Contractors vs. Leased Employees: Which Way to Go?
Presented by Mark J. Valponi and Philip R. Bautista
- Transcending Discrimination: Exploring the Legal Landscape for LGBT Employees
Presented by Adrian D. Thompson and Carolyn A. Davis
- Workers’ Comp Part 1: Surveillance Rules & Advice
Presented by Timothy L. Zix
- Workers’ Comp Part 2: Medical Marijuana’s Impact on Employers & the BWC
Presented by Christopher B. Ermisch
- Social Media Use in the Workplace
Presented by Michael J. Zbiegien, Jr. and Daniel H. Bryan
- Wage and Hour Law: What's New and What Stays the Same?
Presented by Brian E. Ambrosia and William A. Doyle
- Managing Risk Through the HR Department
Presented by Thomas J. Herlevi, President & Co-Owner, HR on Call, Inc.
This invitation-only seminar was approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 3.25 CLE credits. This course was also approved for 2.50 (HR General) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. There was no charge for the seminar.