Cincinnati, OH – The Taft Law Firm announced today that 52 of its attorneys have been selected by their peers to be included in the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, considered to be the one of the most respected and unbiased source of legal referrals in the world.
"One out of four Taft attorneys has been recognized as a top performer in Best Lawyers this year,” said Tom Terp, managing partner at Taft Law. “This honor reflects the high level of performance and results our attorneys deliver for our clients on a daily basis.” Terp went on to say many of its attorneys have been selected for multiple years. “We have 20 attorneys who have been recognized for the past 20 years in a row, and ten who have made the list for a decade – that’s a testament to these attorneys’ commitment to legal excellence over time.”
The 2008 issue is the 14th edition of the publication. Lawyers are selected for inclusion based on an exhaustive and rigorous peer-review survey developed and refined over the past 25 years. The results are based on 2.1 million confidential evaluations by only the top attorneys in the country. Best Lawyers also conducted thousands of extensive telephone interviews with leading attorneys throughout its
Taft “Best Lawyers” by the numbers:
- 52 attorneys were named to the list in 2008; 50 were recognized in 2007.
- Taft was ranked #1 in Cincinnati in Commercial Litigation with nine attorneys; in Labor and Employment Law with six attorneys; and in Trusts and Estates with four attorneys.
- Taft has 20 attorneys who have been listed for 20 years and 10 who have been the list for the past 10 years.
- Three Taft attorneys, Charles Lindberg, Robert Stachler and Stephen Nechemias, have been selected for inclusion since the beginning of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Melvin Shotten, Joseph Parker and Robert Stachler are among the select few to be named in three separate specialty categories: Mr. Shotten for Banking, Corporate, and Health Care Law; Mr. Parker for Commercial Litigation, Bet the Company Litigation, and Personal Injury, and; Mr. Stachler for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Law, and Commercial Litigation.
Named to the 2008 edition are: Lawrence Barty, Kim Burke, Doreen Canton, Ronald Christian, Clifford Craig, Edward Diller, Jack Donson, Stuart Dornette, Samuel Duran, Jerald Fink, Gerald Greenberg, Stephen Griffith, Thomas Hill, Timothy Hoberg, Daniel Hoffheimer, Timothy Hurley, David Johnson, Michael Laing, Charles Lindberg, Steven Marrer, John McCoy, Julia Meister, Timothy Miller, Patrick Mitchell, George Molinsky, Carl Murway, John Nalbandian, Stephen Nechemias, Stephen O’Bryan, Joseph Parker, David Peck, Tracey Puthoff, Gerald Rapien, Timothy Reilly, Robert Rich, Laura Ringenbach, Gregory Rogers, Mary Rust, Russell Sayre, Jeffery Schloemer, Thomas Schuck, William Seitz, Melvin Shotten, Robert Stachler, Mark Stepaniak, Timothy Sullivan, Thomas Terp, Ross Wales, David Wallace, Steven Weeks, Susan Wheatley and Michael Zavatsky.
The Taft Law Firm, (Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP) one of the region’s leading full-service legal services firm, has offices in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton and Covington, Kentucky. The firm provides a broad range of legal services to businesses and individuals: including litigation, corporate and business law, securities and municipal financing, tax and estate planning, labor and employment law, real estate and environmental, health care, intellectual property and unfair competition and antitrust law.