Energy Litigation and Appeals
Our energy litigators offer services ranging from commercial and contract disputes to casualty and regulatory matters. We understand the changing energy landscape and develop litigation strategies to best meet our clients’ business needs.
Taft’s energy litigation team has experience in and regularly partners with clients on:
- Vendor and developer disputes.
- Property damage and personal injury.
- Administrative disputes.
- Land use and right of way proceedings.
- State and federal appeals of state agency decisions and commercial disputes.
- Property tax disputes.
Taft’s lawyers have significant experience litigating critical matters in state and federal courts, including:
- Representing electric and natural gas utilities in appeals of rate case orders.
- Representing electric utilities in appeals related to Certificates of Public Convenience and Necessity.
- Representing electric utilities in appeals of route permit orders.
- Representing electric utilities in appeals of resource planning decisions.
- Representing electric and natural gas utilities in regional transmission organization cost and infrastructure disputes.
- Representing electric utilities in vendor performance disputes.
- Representing electric utilities in litigation involving property damage and business interruption claims.
- Representing utility clients in New Source Review and Prevention of Significant Deterioration litigation in several states.
- Representing utilities in litigation pertaining to the application of utility tariffs, exculpatory clauses, and regulatory jurisdiction.
- Representing natural gas and electric utilities in litigation involving open access of natural gas and electric transmission facilities.