Will is a trusted counselor to a diverse group of public and private companies. He advises and defends clients across a wide array of industries including real estate, manufacturing, steel, computer software, medical device, education, banking and financial services. He also serves as outside general counsel for a medical transport company and a real estate brokerage firm, as well as outside dispute counsel for a real estate developer. In these roles, Will helps closely held companies protect their business interests and position themselves for growth. Will is always looking for ways to utilize Taft’s deep bench to service his clients’ needs and identify untapped potential. He is passionate about networking and relishes any opportunity to bring different clients together to try and find collaborative business opportunities. Whether it be introducing real estate developers to investors, or private equity funds to family offices, Will is always cognizant of potential synergies among Taft’s broad client base.
Will’s representative experience includes:
- Litigation for private equity portfolio companies.
- Commercial contract disputes.
- Non-compete enforcement and defense.
- Trade secret litigation.
- Real estate transaction disputes.
- Trademark litigation in courts and in the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Patent litigation.
Will’s practice also extends to Public Law services, as he represents the City of Independence, Ohio as assistant law director.
Will is active in the Greater Cleveland community. He is the chair of the Ambassador’s Committee of The First Tee of Cleveland and regularly volunteers for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 3Rs program and St. Herman’s House of Cleveland. He serves on Taft’s pro bono committee and maintains a robust pro bono practice including regular involvement with the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Pro Bono Collaborative. Will is a proud alumnus of St. Ignatius High School. He then attended the University of Michigan and received his J.D. from the Cleveland Marshall College of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Labor & Employment
(2021 - 2022)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation
(2021 - 2022)
Taft Pro Bono Honor Roll Award
All Service Areas
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2013)
- University of Michigan (2009)
- St. Ignatius High School
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Western District of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Cleveland State Law Review Alumni Board
- Cuyahoga Common Pleas Pro Bono Collaborative
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association
Pro Bono Advice Clinics, Volunteer
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association/Cleveland Municipal School District 3Rs Program
- St. Herman House - Cleveland
- The First Tee of Cleveland
Chair, Ambassador’s Committee
- Taft Pro Bono Committee