W. Stuart Dornette
Stuart has substantial personal experience in complex litigation – particularly involving financial, corporate and securities issues – in state and federal courts within and outside Ohio.
He also has represented the Cincinnati Bengals in many aspects of their business operations and has been involved in all aspects of the development, financing, leasing and construction of the Paul Brown Football Stadium. He has worked extensively, as well, with technology clients of the firm.
Stuart graduated magna cum laude from Williams College with honors in mathematics and highest honors in physics; he received his law degree from the University of Virginia. He has taught trial practice as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
He has served as a political and public policy advisor to numerous candidates and organizations and is a member of the National Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association. Stuart is also a manager of Focused Capitol Solutions, a public policy and public affairs affiliate of Taft.
The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, has named Stuart as a "Lawyer of the Year" in 2018 for Litigation - Securities, 2017 Litigation - Municipal, and 2016 Cincinnati Litigation - Securities. He has been listed as a Best Lawyer since 2001.
Stuart is included as well in Who’s Who in America and has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Cincinnati Magazine. He is honored by Chambers USA as one of Taft's “Leaders in their Field” and was named a “Local Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America's leading business litigation firms and attorneys.
All Service Areas
- University of Virginia School of Law (1975)
- Williams College (1972)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) (Awarded)
- American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals (Member)
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Chair, Common Pleas Court Committee, 1986-1988)
- Leadership Cincinnati (Steering Committee, 1988-1990)
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation (Honoree)
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference (Life Member)
- Supreme Court of Ohio (Board of Bar Examiners, 1992-1993)
- American Physical Society (Member)
- Anderson Hills United Methodist Church (Member, Finance Committee)
- Cincinnati Parks Foundation (Trustee, 1995-2004)
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens (Trustee, 1983-1994, 2006-present; Board chair, 2016-present; Board vice president, 1992-1994; chair of search committees, 2000-2001, 2006-2007)
- Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce (Government Affairs Council)
- Hamilton County Republican Party (Member, Executive Committee, 1982-present; Finance Committee, 1992-present)
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Member, 2006 Campaign Cabinet; Allocation Committee, 1980-1984)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (Adjunct Professor; member, Board of Visitors, 2002-2006)
- Williams College Alumni Association of Cincinnati (President, 1983-1986)