Todd focuses his practice on general corporate taxation and international tax matters. He frequently represents clients with respect to domestic and cross-border M&A, inbound investment by non-U.S. persons, taxation of financial instruments and foreign currency denominated investments, choice of legal entity and the application of the United States tax-treaty network.
A significant component of Todd's practice includes advising U.S. clients with respect to the U.S. reporting of foreign activities, representing clients in seeking administrative relief through the private ruling process and representing clients under examination by the IRS. Todd's practice also includes assisting clients with preserving tax attributes in connection with financial restructurings and the proper taxation of damage awards and settlements.
Todd's experience includes representing both FORTUNE 500 companies and closely held businesses with respect to corporate and international tax matters. He is a frequent speaker on the topics of corporate and international taxation and a member of the Council of the Taxation Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. Todd has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® for tax law and has been selected by Law & Politics Magazine as an Indiana Rising Star in tax.
All Service Areas
- University of Houston Law Center (2001)
- University of Houston, M.B.A, Finance Concentration (2001)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws in Taxation (2004)
- Purdue University, B.S. (1997)
- Federal - U.S. Tax Court
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- State - District of Columbia
- State - Indiana
- State - Illinois (inactive status)
- State - Texas (inactive status)
- American Bar Association (Member, Tax Section)
- District of Columbia Bar (Member, Tax Section)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member, Council of the Taxation Section)
- International Fiscal Association (Member)
- Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre (Trustee)