Thibault is an associate at Taft who focuses on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. In addition, he advises many French companies looking to enter the United States market and/or engaged in strategic transactions in the United States.
Thibault is a graduate of Indiana University Maurer School of Law. He earned a bachelor of business administration degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Missouri-Kansas City, where he was captain of the men’s golf team, president of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, and received the NCAA Division I All-American Scholar award twice. He was a summer associate at Taft in 2019.
Thibault is fluent in French (native language) and proficient in Spanish.
All Service Areas
- New York University School of Law (2023)
Masters of Laws (LL.M.), Taxation with a focus on M&A and Private Equity
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (2020)
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (2017)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), summa cum laude
- State - Indiana
- State - Illinois
- Counsel to J&J Ventures Gaming in the acquisition of Golden Entertainment’s Montana Distributed Gaming Operations.
- Counsel to investment advisor portfolio company in connection with a $75 million acquisition of an aerospace repair company.
- Counsel to private equity fund portfolio company engaged in telematics in connection with a $400 million sale to U.S. public company.
- Counsel to Kenzie Academy, a leader in online technology training, in the sale to Southern New Hampshire University.
- Counsel to Emsi in its merger with Burning Glass Technologies. The combined company, Emsi Burning Glass, created a leading labor market analytics firm to provide insight into the changing workforce for clients including corporations, government agencies, and higher education institutions.
- Counsel to an electrical overhead distribution and substation construction company in the sale to a union craft labor provider.
- Counsel to private equity fund portfolio company in connection with a follow-on acquisition of a leading provider of information technology and cybersecurity services to the defense and intelligence communities.
- Counsel to one of the Midwest’s largest Asian, African, and Caribbean wholesale food importers and distributors in the sale to a middle-market private equity firm.
- Counsel to Applied Behavioral Services (ABS), a provider of full treatment intervention for children with autism and related disabilities, in the sale to Salisbury House and Audax Private Equity Group.
- Counsel to a Greenlight Guru in a transaction involving a $120 million investment from JMI Equity.
Speeches and Publications
- Co-author, “Collaborative Governance in Local Government: How State Law Shapes Community Problem-Solving through Intrastate Preemption,” Perspectives on Public Management and Governance, 2021, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana (YPCI)
Past Board Member