Steve is a partner in Taft’s Commercial Litigation practice. He has extensive experience as a litigator with the ability to provide practical advice and counseling in all aspects of business operation to both small companies and technology start-ups to publicly held corporations.
Steve’s litigation practice includes representing clients in a variety of complex commercial and civil litigation matters, ranging from multimillion-dollar fraud and breach of contract cases to a variety of claims for clients in the transportation/logistics industry. Steve has also handled a significant amount of large construction cases, involving a variety of commercial structures. He also represents clients involved in the break-up or dissolution of their businesses and has tried and arbitrated a variety of contract and construction disputes.
- Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers (2019)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School
- University of Michigan
- State - Michigan
- Successfully defended shareholder in multimillion-dollar shareholder oppression action.
- Successfully defended national architectural and construction firm against claims of negligence, breach of contract, and fraud in federal court by successfully winning at both the summary judgment level, as well as obtaining a favorable verdict after a two-week jury trial.
- Successfully defended multiple investors and developers against claims brought by GMAC, in litigation that lasted several years in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Successfully handled hundreds of claims for national broker/logistic companies.
- Counseled multiple technology startup companies through the early funding and, ultimately, the IPO process.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Children's Hospital Foundation
Member, Board of Trustees