Sarah S. Weston
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (248) 727-1613
- F (248) 351-3082
Sarah counsels senior housing, retail center, office building, and property management owners and operators in acquisitions, dispositions, and financing. Her financial work includes secured and unsecured lines of credit, real estate mortgage loans, and construction loans.
Sarah’s practice includes advising and representing individuals and business clients on joint venture arrangements, debt and equity financing, and real estate financing through mortgages and other secured and asset-based lending. She also advises real estate developers and senior housing operations on joint ventures in business matters and handles tenant leasing for shopping centers, office buildings, and other commercial developments.
Honoree, Top Women Attorneys in Michigan, HOUR Detroit Magazine (2015)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2012 - 2016)
Honoree, Up & Coming Lawyers, Michigan Lawyers Weekly (2012)
All Service Areas
- Michigan State University College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
- James Madison College at Michigan State University
- State - Michigan
Speeches and Publications
- “Advance Me Settlement,” Transaction World Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 3, 2012.
- “Four Things To Know About Security Interests,” The Green Sheet, Issue 10:09:02, Sept. 27, 2011.
- “Debit Interchange, Proposed Regulations Dissected,” Transaction Trends, Volume 16, No. 3, March 2011.
- “Who Owns The Merchants?” The Green Sheet, Issue 11:01:01, Jan. 10, 2011.
- “Should You Be ‘Friends’ With Your Merchants?” Transaction World Magazine Volume 11, Issue 3, 2011.
- “Are Your Online Contracts Enforceable?” The Green Sheet, Issue 10:08:02, Aug. 23, 2010.
- “Uncle Sam Might Want to Pin Worker Misclassification on You,” The Green Sheet, Issue 10:07:02, July 26, 2010.
- “Fighting Back Against Merchant Bankruptcy,” Transaction Trends, Volume 14, No. 3, March 2010.
- “Protect Your Investment Through Non-Competition Agreements,” The Green Sheet, Issue 09:11:02, Nov. 23, 2009.
- “Avoiding Major Mistakes During Portfolio Acquisitions,” ISO & Agent Weekly, Volume 5, Issue 42, Nov. 19, 2009.
- “Pressing Your Luck: New Internet Gambling Requirements For ACH Service Providers,” Transaction World Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 9, 2009.
- “Avoiding a Trap for the Unwary: Security Breach Insurance Programs,” Transaction World Magazine Volume 9, Issue 4, 2009.
- “Best Practices in Electronic Contracting,” The Michigan Business Law Journal, 2008.
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Doesn’t Work,” Transaction World Magazine, Volume 8, Issue 8, 2008.
- “Lessons Learned from a Federal ISO Takeover,” ISO & Agent Weekly, Volume 3, Issue 15, 2007.
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
Business and Real Property Law Sections
- FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) Community Engagement Council, Ann Arbor