Sam serves as chair of Taft’s Detroit Real Estate practice. He focuses his practice on all areas of commercial real estate, including commercial leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and development projects. Sam has a national practice representing clients in transactions throughout the United States. He represents a variety of real estate owners, investors, operators, and users. He focuses on areas of commercial, retail, hospitality, and more. Sam offers sophisticated legal services with innovative strategies and solutions for both immediate results and future planning.
Honoree, Michigan Lawyers Weekly Leader in the Law (2022)
Honoree, Michigan Lawyers Weekly “Go to Lawyer” for Real Estate and Condo Law (2022)
All Service Areas
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Michigan State University Eli Broad College of Business
- State - Michigan
- State - New York
- State - New Jersey
Sam has represented:
- Negotiations of office leases and management agreements throughout the United States for a leading national co-working company.
- The acquisition, financing, and development of a 231-unit apartment building in Detroit, Mich.
- The sale of a 21-property portfolio leased by a national drugstore retailer.
- The sale of a 2,226-unit apartment complex and golf course in Troy, Mich.
- The acquisition and redevelopment of a landmark hotel in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- MSU Hillel
Board of Directors