Rob is a business attorney focusing on corporate law transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, formation, governance and operations, general contract, and succession planning.
Rob’s client-centered approach focuses on drafting contracts and agreements that his clients can both read and understand. Through the use of state-of-the-art technology in his work, Rob is able to save his clients valuable time and money. He offers an empathetic ear and customizes each client’s strategy for their unique circumstances, often employing innovative yet cost-effective solutions to complex problems. Rob has worked with many high-profile and high-net worth individuals and maintains a relationship of the strictest of confidence to preserve their privacy. His clients are active internationally, including in Canada, Mexico, and France, in the purchase and sale of mid-market assets. Rob also consults with directors and owners regarding their responsibilities and provides succession planning, often with difficult family-related issues that he resolves amicably. In addition, he is a neutral arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
A revered mentor to our new associates, Rob is also an active member of the Metro Detroit community.
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers (2006—2007, 2018)
Honoree, DBusiness Magazine Top Lawyer (2009, 2015, 2016, 2019)
All Service Areas
- State - Michigan
- Federal - Eastern District of Michigan
- Sale of Soave Enterprises L.L.C.'s scrap material companies to Cleveland Cliffs Inc.
- Sale of Crest Marine to parent company of MasterCraft Boat Company.
- Sale of Hillers Grocery Stores.
- Acquisition of majority interest in Lannett Company, Inc., a generic drug manufacturer.
- Sale of Erb Lumber Company.
- Sale of Glastic Corporation to Rochling Materials Corp.
- Sale of Durr AG Filtration Systems and Products Division to Barnes International, Inc.
- Acquisition of Ann Arbor Machine Co.
- Acquisition of Romar Industries, Inc. operating assets by Bolton Conductive Systems LLC.
- Sale of majority interest in Bolton Conductive Systems LLC to Stoneridge, Inc.
- Sale of McClain Industries, Inc. assets.
- Acquisition of Flight Systems, Inc. Automotive Division.
- American Bar Association
Business Law Section
Opinion Letter Committee
Audit Letter Committee
Technology in M&A Transactions Subcommittee
Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- American Arbitration Association
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Board of Trustees
Planning and Allocations Steering Committee, Chair
Local Agency Planning Division, Chair
Population Study Steering Committee
- Jewish Federations of North America
Jewish Education and Engagement Committee (2015-2020)
- Union of Reform Judaism
North American Board of Trustees (2010-2020)
- Temple Israel
- United States Civil Rights Commission
Michigan Advisory Committee (1995-2015)
- Anti-Defamation League of B’nai B’rith
President, Michigan Regional Advisory Board (1987-1989)