Rob is the partner-in-charge of the firm’s Kentucky office and Kentucky practice. Rob represents clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts and before government agencies throughout Kentucky and Ohio. His legal experience encompasses a wide variety of areas, including antitrust, employment, construction, health care, public law and other commercial matters. He also advises many clients on competition issues in the health care industry.
Rob is a member of the Cincinnati Arts Association Board of Trustees, is the secretary for The Literary Board and is a Master in the Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court. He has served on a number of local community boards, including the Hoxworth Blood Center, the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Joy Outdoor Education Center, Kentucky Symphony Orchestra (past president) and Isaac M. Wise Temple. Rob is also a past chair of Leadership Northern Kentucky.
Rob joined Taft in 1981 after graduating summa cum laude from Duke University and receiving his law degree from the University of Chicago. He has been rated as a "Top Local Plaintiff Litigation Star” in Kentucky for Antitrust and General Commercial Litigation by Benchmark Plaintiff and as a Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation. Rob is listed in Kentucky Super Lawyers and is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Honoree, Kentucky Super Lawyers
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law
All Service Areas
- University of Chicago Law School (1981)
- Duke University (1977)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Eastern District of Kentucky
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - Western District of Kentucky
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- In re Federal Housing Finance Agency: Preferred Stock Purchase Agreements Third Amendment Litigation, 180 F.Supp.3d 1356, 2016 WL 3101835 (J.P.M.L. 2016). Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation denied motion to centralize separate actions challenging net worth sweeps agreements.
- Ark Encounter, LLC v. Parkinson, 152 F.Supp.3d 880 (E.D. Ky. 2016). Granting preliminary injunction requiring state to consider application for economic development incentives without regard to project's religious purpose and message.
- DCI Properties - DKY, LLC v. Coppage Construction Co., 465 S.W.3d 886 (Ky. App. 2015). Reversing dismissal of action for filing of excessive lien against public funds under KRS 376.220.
- Miles Farm Supply, LLC v. Helena Chemical Company, 2008 WL 3010064 (W.D. Ky. 2008), aff’d, 595 F.3d 663 (6th Cir. 2010). Summary judgment granted (and affirmed) in favor of defendant on claims for aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with contract after hiring management employees of competitor.
- Kentucky Speedway, LLC v. National Ass’n of Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc., 2008 WL 113987 (E.D. Ky. 2008), aff’d, 588 F.3d 908 (6th Cir. 2009). Summary judgment granted (and affirmed) in favor of stock car racing sanctioning body and owner of multiple racing tracks on Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 claims.
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) Awarded 2007-2017
- American Health Lawyers Association Member, Antitrust Section
- Benchmark Litigation Star Honoree 2012-2017
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Leadership Cincinnati Class of 2007
- Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 1994-1995; Steering Committee 1999-2004; Chair 2004
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court Master
- Cincinnati Arts Association Board of Trustees 2010-2017
- Hoxworth Blood Center Community Advisory Board; Chair: Strategic Planning Committee; Executive Committee 2000-2011
- The Literary Board Member 2004-2017; Secretary 2017
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Board of Advisors