Philip litigates complex matters in state and federal courts. He has briefed appeals in multiple U.S. Courts of Appeals, including the Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits, as well as state appellate courts in Ohio, Kentucky, and Georgia. Philip has also represented amici at both the cert petition and merits stages in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Taft, Philip served as a law clerk for Judge Raymond M. Kethledge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Judge Amul R. Thapar of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Judge Lavenski R. Smith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Philip serves on the board of directors for the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky lawyers chapters of the Federalist Society.
Philip received his undergraduate degree, with Highest Honors, from Ouachita Baptist University. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served as the submissions review editor for the Journal of Law and Politics.
Honoree, Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation (2021)
All Service Areas
- University of Virginia School of Law (2013)
- Ouachita Baptist University (2010)
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- State - Texas
- State - Kentucky
- Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
Member, Consumer Representative (Appointed by Gov. Matt Bevin)
- Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies
Board of Directors: Cincinnati Lawyers’ Chapter
Board of Directors: Northern Kentucky Lawyers’ Chapter
- Blackstone Legal Fellowship
- John Marshall Fellow
- The Aruna Project
Board of Directors