Pat is a partner in the Cleveland office of Taft and is a member of the Litigation, Public Law, and Sports Law practice groups. He represents clients in various types of business, employment, and real estate litigation matters. Pat also has experience representing professional athletes in connection with contract negotiations, endorsements, career counseling, public relations and marketing. He has repeatedly been selected by Ohio Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" and a “Super Lawyer” in the field of Business Litigation.
Pat is active in various community organizations and volunteers his time to several worthwhile causes such as serving as a tutor to high school students as part of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and Cleveland Municipal School District's "3Rs Program," serving as a mentor to new attorneys through the Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program, and serving as a volunteer for the Cleveland Legal Aid Society's Brief Advice Clinics. He is honored to serve as a Trustee and Vice President of Special Events to the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, the fundraising arm of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Pat also volunteers his time coaching youth sports.
Pat is a lifelong Clevelander and attended St. Ignatius High School. He received his undergraduate degree, graduating cum laude, from Villanova University, where he recived a four-year athletic scholarship to play football. He received his law degree, graduating cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Pat is an active member of the Cleveland Bar Association, and is admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (2000)
- Villanova University (1997)
- St. Ignatius High School (1993)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program Mentor 2010-present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation Trustee (2013-present); Vice President of Special Events (2015-present)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Member 2000-present
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland Brief Advice Clinics Volunteer 2005-present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association/Cleveland Municipal School District 3Rs Program Tutor
- Gesu Catholic Parish Parishoner 2000-present
- Youth Sports Coach Volunteer