Pam has a unique background in both employment/labor law and human resources, which has contributed to her now serving as both a partner at Taft and as Taft’s own Chief Human Resources Officer.
In her law practice, Pam represents and defends public and private employers in all aspects of employment and labor relations matters. She holds the distinction of being Board Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in the practice of Labor and Employment law. For her labor and employment law clients, Pam provides counsel covering:
- Solid, practical “what-to-do” advice to employers.
- Defense of harassment, discrimination and other employment-related lawsuits and administrative proceedings.
- Negotiations for private and public labor contracts, interpretation and arbitration.
- Employer representation at trial and before administrative agencies.
- Compliance experience in all employment/labor laws.
- Other services for employers, including handbooks and policies, leaves of absence, accommodation, wage and hour, non-harassment, termination, separation agreements, reductions in force and last chance agreements.
As Taft’s Chief HR Officer, Pam is responsible for providing leadership and establishing and implementing human resources strategies to support the policies, practices and operations for the organization.
With more than 25 years of experience to draw from, Pam creates and delivers practical management training how-to programs specifically designed to teach effective employee management, within the confines of the law, to executives, managers and supervisors.
Pam has been involved with a number of professional associations throughout her career. She is currently the steering committee chair of the Ohio Management Lawyers’ Association, and she is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association: Labor and Employment Section and the National and Ohio Public Employer Labor Relations Associations.
Pam proudly serves her community as a board member of Recreation Unlimited and as a member of the Recreation Unlimited Human Resources Committee, as a community board member for the Center of Science and Industry (COSI), as a member of the Women for Economic & Leadership Development organization and as a Certified Master Gardner/Volunteer.
Pam received her undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University and earned her J.D. from Capital University School of Law.
Honoree, Most Powerful and Influential Women in Ohio - Ohio Diversity Council (2017)
Honoree, Labor and Employment Law - Best Lawyers in America® (2011-2018)
Honoree, Employment and Labor - Ohio Super Lawyers (2007-2018)
Top 25 Columbus Women - Ohio Super Lawyers (2012-2018)
Top 50 Ohio Women - Ohio Super Lawyers (2013-2014)
Honoree, Columbus CEO - Top Columbus Lawyers (2015)
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (1988)
- The Ohio State University, B.A. (1974)
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
Pam is a requested speaker for client seminars and at professional and trade associations, educational institutions, and private and social service organizations. She also serves as a subject matter expert for media inquiries and analysis. Recent examples are:
- Author, "Proper Drafting Can Ensure That Your Policies Aren't Boomerangs," HARDI, July 2017
- Presenter, "Labor and Employment Law: Changes All Corporate Counsel Need to Know," Ohio State Bar Association Corporate Counsel Institute’s CLE program on Nov. 4, 2016
- Presenter, "Managing Mental Health Issues in the Workplace," Human Resources Association of Central Ohio 12th Annual Legal Update & Monthly Meeting, October 11, 2016
- Presenter, "Government Affairs Briefing," 2016 Heating, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) Strategic Leadership Conference, October 3, 2016
- Presenter, "Avoiding Litigation and Being Very Prepared if the Wolf Comes to the Door," Taft Columbus Labor & Employment Seminar, September 26, 2016
- "Is Sexual Orientation Covered Under Title VII - or Not?" August 1, 2016
- "Prevent Expensive Retaliation Claims: Train Managers and Supervisors," February 18, 2016
- "Same-Sex Harassment," February 11, 2016
- Ohio Management Lawyers Association (Steering Committee Chair, 2008-present)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section; Arbitration/Mediation Services Committee)
- The National and Ohio Public Employer Labor Relations Association (Member, 2011-2017)
- Center of Science and Industry (COSI) (Community Board Member)
- Recreation Unlimited (Board Member; Member, Recreation Unlimited Human Resources Committee)
- Women for Economic & Leadership Development (Member, 2007-2017)
- Certified Master Gardener/Volunteer